ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I actually have a good deal of stuff from Ikea...and may have gone back today for a few patio items I wanted more of. I think it's because I have a few design/architect types that I spend a lot of time with and they always bash my Ikea or purchases. I'm like Room&Board is great, but I have Bulldogs who will destroy that couch...so Ikea it is. Oh and I love the Ikea cinnamon rolls. 6 for $4?!? That's a deal.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I actually have a good deal of stuff from Ikea...and may have gone back today for a few patio items I wanted more of. I think it's because I have a few design/architect types that I spend a lot of time with and they always bash my Ikea or purchases. I'm like Room&Board is great, but I have Bulldogs who will destroy that couch...so Ikea it is. Oh and I love the Ikea cinnamon rolls. 6 for $4?!? That's a deal.

Yea, IKEA is not a favourite among all architects and designers and there is this ongoing debate on originality - some IKEA designs are innovative but some are no doubt inspired by high end design objects - potentially even plagiarised. I don't support any form of plagiarism, but there is an aspect of IKEA that I like, and that is the way they make good-looking design available to people who cannot afford to spend thousands of dollars on a lamp or couch. So not the devil but good at making money on what people want, perhaps? ;) And btw, much expensive modern design is very much inspired by older designs too, of course...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Got it.... yes, my nephew was an architect in DC and he too disliked IKEA for that reason.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
The only think I dislike about Ikea is there isn't one close enough to my house. Nice garden terrace and looks like a decent view

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
The only think I dislike about Ikea is there isn't one close enough to my house. Nice garden terrace and looks like a decent view

The ONLY thing I dislike about that place, NO WAY OUT!!!! You have to do the whole damm store.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
looks great. watch out for the mint because it will spread as well as Thyme. Keep it trimmed. Use the mint this weekend and make some mint juleps. I am.

Jewel and Bentley say hello to Ruckus and Regina.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Jackie - your garden is too cute!

Stu is our gardener and we have a hydroponic system going in our house. We are very excited because our first eggplant just grew (we've had a lot of success with herbs and peppers already).

This is a video I made months ago for my friend who asked how things were going and a picture of our eggplant

https://vimeo.com/165315901

bdfa92502b2e6fbe57d66f448cb29f21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
that looks great i wish i could get something to grow haha if i start something it usually dies its terrible. :w00t:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Love it! I'll take that box & it's contents [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online