Houston--We Have A Problem

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'm intermittent, sorry guys. I'm an Insurance Agent, so needless to say, I'm SWAMPED. Literally, working from home. I hadn't even recovered from the hail storms in Austin, and now Houston.... bleh. Thankfully our neighborhood is great with drainage. We had no damages, however most of the areas surrounding us are still under water :( Its hard to get to certain areas. Has anyone heard from Todd? @Marine91

Tyson is as you may already know - spoiled rotten without a care in the world!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I didn't know it was that bad until I read about the flooding and such on Facebook! what's the forecast say? I hope you guys will get a break soon and definite prayers going your way!

There's more rain coming. Lord, pray for us. I hope it moves or changes paths.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
There's more rain coming. Lord, pray for us. I hope it moves or changes paths.

Yes I heard that more rain is expected and a mention of 6 more inches on top of what you already received.

Yes I am sending prayers and positive vibes Texas way.

I have not heard from my families in Austin, Yoakum, and CChristi.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Crazy thinking Danny & I just drove this freeway to a baseball game on Sunday! To see the Astros play at Minute Maid, see before & now. Getting worried not hearing from Todd, his area got hit pretty bad. [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] - how are you all??

12985403_1177948762223679_6789999511224471252_n.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Crazy thinking Danny & I just drove this freeway to a baseball game on Sunday! To see the Astros play at Minute Maid, see before & now. Getting worried not hearing from Todd, his area got hit pretty bad. [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] - how are you all??

View attachment 97615

OMG!!!

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
That's a LOT of water--does this mean the Rio Grand has water in it again?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Thanks Jessica, we are fine.... and dry. We are a couple of hundred yards south of Cypress Creek which is one of the hardest hit and are extremely lucky as just north of us there is water everywhere. Apparently as water from as far west as 290 drains into the creek, it hasn't crested yet. Wonderful. All the roads north are impassable. The police have set up barricades and are manning them. We got over 10" in 12 hours but that is nothing compared to some people. Unbelievable storm. I have never heard constant never-ending thunder like that before and it went on for hours. On the national news this morning it said that Houston got the equivalent of 85 days of water going over Niagara Falls. That just blows my mind!

I hope you are OK and everyone else in the storms path.

We were at the game Saturday!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks Jessica, we are fine.... and dry. We are a couple of hundred yards south of Cypress Creek which is one of the hardest hit and are extremely lucky as just north of us there is water everywhere. Apparently as water from as far west as 290 drains into the creek, it hasn't crested yet. Wonderful. All the roads north are impassable. The police have set up barricades and are manning them. We got over 10" in 12 hours but that is nothing compared to some people. Unbelievable storm. I have never heard constant never-ending thunder like that before and it went on for hours. On the national news this morning it said that Houston got the equivalent of 85 days of water going over Niagara Falls. That just blows my mind!

I hope you are OK and everyone else in the storms path.

We were at the game Saturday!

Thank goodness - I think we're in similar situations! It hit our area hard, most of old katy is under & impassible! So we only have one way out that isn't under! However our neighborhood has pretty decent drainage and we are dry too! I have many clients in Cypress who have water in their homes, so sad. I'm hoping the next day or so won't be so bad so the water can drain a bit. My uncle lives in Ponderosa Forest up in spring - they are trapped in their home completely flooded all around! No water in their home yet thank goodness but it's close!!

So funny we were both at the Astros game same weekend! Funny bc we left the game Sunday in the bottom of the 7th because it had started to drizzle - who would have known what was about to come! I got no sleep that night, the thunder shook our house!

It's drizzling now here in Katy, me & Tyson just snuck out for a quick walk!

Keep in touch!

17144227388285072d2aa04c2f62f76f.jpg

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I just saw on facebook that it was enough rain for 88 HOURS worth of water going over Niagara Falls. Now you all know as much as I do!!!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I just saw on facebook that it was enough rain for 88 HOURS worth of water going over Niagara Falls. Now you all know as much as I do!!!

I was watching an episode of Man v. Food last weekend and Adam Richman was in Niagara Falls. A scene showed the falls and I think the amount of water was 750,000 gallons U.S per second. That is a lot of water.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nonetheless, I am glad you (Houstonians who have posted) are safe and I hope the rest are all OK as well.

This is the first time I can recall that Houston received this much water...Now I remember Hurricane Carla (I'm dating myself a bit) dumped some water and Galveston was a mess but not this much water.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Houston can flood (and does) at the drop of a hat unfortunately. It floods in different parts of the city depending on where the storm hits so it could be flooding in the southwest part of town and be dry as a bone in the north! This time it was pretty widespread with the NW getting really slammed.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sending prayers to all our Texas EBN members I so hope you all are safe.

I know too well what it is like to go through a flood and it is not nice I hope you all stay dry

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Oh dear - saw this now. Best wishes to all flooded bulldogs and their humans - hope the weather clears up soon!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am alive. Just been laying low with all that has transpired the last several weeks. We had a bit of water in our garage and it almost came in from the backyard, but i opened the gate in time to let it drain before it could do any real damage. I am not far from one of the reservoirs that is currently still rising and will be causing more flooding over the next several days so that will be interesting to see how that all plays out.

Members online

No members online now.