Feel good article of the day: Puppy survives euthanasia, hundreds call to adopt 'angel dog'

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Puppy survives euthanasia, hundreds call to adopt

Kristi Eaton
The Associated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY-Hundreds of people from the United States and Canada want to adopt a puppy that survived an attempt to euthanize it.
The three-month-old puppy, called Wall-e, was one of five stray dogs that animal control officer Scott Prall had a vet put to sleep Friday — or so he thought. Prall found one of the dogs alive Saturday in a dumpster set aside for dead animals and took it to veterinarian technician Amanda Kloski.

“He’s an angel dog,” Prall told Oklahoma City’s News 9 television. “Each one was pronounced dead with a stethoscope. He was as healthy as can be.”

Prall had called in the vet because the dogs were very thin and appeared to be sick.

He initially found the black-and-white mutt near the animal shelter Friday. Wall-e was injected with two lethal doses of a sedative in a foreleg and the heart, he said. Each dose should have been enough to kill the dog, and the second injection was meant to ensure it worked.
“He was prancing around. He heard me drive up, and he looked up and saw me,” Prall said Wednesday.

Prall told the story of Wall-e’s survival on the pet adoption website of the shelter in Sulphur, 129 kilometres south of Oklahoma City. Marcia Machtiger of Pittsburgh donated $100 so Kloski could board the dog for a week and posted the story on her Facebook page.

A girl from Sulphur named the puppy Wall-e, after a Disney movie character.

Machtiger and Kloski are sorting through hundreds of emails and phone calls from people wanting to adopt the lucky dog.

“So many people are interested,” Kloski said. “Now we’re going through and trying to find the adoption applications for the best home.”

Wall-e will be placed in a foster home at the end of the week while the search for a permanent home continues. Kloski and Machtiger said they have never seen so many people want to adopt one animal.

“Having been euthanized basically twice. It’s a resurrection and a will to live and a medical anomaly,” she said.

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
Re: Feel good article of the day: Puppy survives euthanasia, hundreds call to adopt ‘angel dog’

:ohmy:That's just wierd!!! It's like a take off pet cemetary:eek:. I am glad he survived, but I wont be applying to adopt.:p

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Re: Feel good article of the day: Puppy survives euthanasia, hundreds call to adopt ‘angel dog’

Oh my gosh I saw this on the news this morning, what a sweet little pup too. Amazing.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson

That is crazy! I hope the puppy gets a wonderful home. I wish we lived in a world where dogs didn't have to be euthanized. If only people would spay/neuter and breed responsibly............

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.