The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
For all the SE Texas folks you know what time of year it is. It's Rodeo time which also means the 2016 BBQ World Championship competition starts tonight... I wish I was competing but it is a tough event to get in to without knowing someone or having a corporate sponsor. Regardless it is going to be an awesome event with some seriously good food to boot. Can't wait for the day to end so I can head down there. If you have never been and are in the area looking for something to do I strongly suggest you try to attend at least one day just for the experience with several hundred teams competing it will be epic for sure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YUM!! sounds awesome..... have a great time!

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
I would be there tonight if I didn't have the plague...uggh I have access to 4 different tents and I'm freaking sick. :blah:

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I would be there tonight if I didn't have the plague...uggh I have access to 4 different tents and I'm freaking sick. :blah:
That sucks... Hope you feel better soon.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Very true. You pretty much need to know the right people to get in.

I know, and that's dumb. Years ago you could literally get in so easily and go from tent to tent. Now its nearly impossible unless you know someone.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Its hard to get tickets now to the cookoff!

Very true. You pretty much need to know the right people to get in.
If you just want to check it out you can get in with a season pass or daily ticket. Team and Corporate tents you're right you have to know someone or have an invite. Even then those folks that get invited still have to have a season pass or daily ticket. I have been in many private tents over the years without having a personal invitation just by striking up conversations with the people so you never know.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online