Photo issue

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ive asked and read this issue in other posts. The more I surf the more I see sideways photos. I was told it's a cell phone problem. Ive tripled and quintuple checked and cant see anything wrong from my cell. No problem for the avatar pic but for the signature or uploaded photos, they all come out sideways. So way is it ok for the avatar n not the others? Sure would like to fix this boo boo. Cheers :yes:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] should be able to lend a hand.

I myself have difficulty loading photos; but I am technically challenged in the first place.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It usually has to do with how the pictures are imported from cell to your computer--- if they are sideways there is a setting on the import to 'right side the photo on import'. Or before loading to EBN look at photos in edit mode and right side there.

Lisa --- any other suggestions? [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes it's like importing them to your PC, they turn sideways. I still don't know how to make my cell quit doing that- I've looked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Don't ask me.... image.jpeg

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It usually has to do with how the pictures are imported from cell to your computer--- if they are sideways there is a setting on the import to 'right side the photo on import'. Or before loading to EBN look at photosproblem. edit mode and right side there.

Lisa --- any other suggestions? [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]

I did a few test once in here. Took pics with my cell straight, left n right sides n upside down. I sent them to my tablet and played in here. All pics came out on the exact same side. I know it's not the cell as if I send cell pics to laptop no problem. But if I send to tablet yes, sideways photos. Will recheck again or Google why. Maybe im missing something. :)

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I haven't downloaded any pic here straight from my phone but always check them before I upload from my laptop to see if they are turned correctly. My niece took some pics with my phone a while back and the all uploaded upside down. I guess it depends on how you hold the phone when taking a pic

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Well my friend...does this mean we are both technically challenged?

Absolutely not.... lol

I use to build computers, work on DOS etc etc... its something probably stupid as those are the ones I dont get. If it's too easy my brain wont believe it. If it's something no one can get, I will be the first to do it. Im just that odd ball :p

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cheeky Monkey.jpg

AHA...... my cell has to be on landscape n click on the right hand side. See...told you was probably something dumb...

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
It happens with me too if I take them either on my iPad or phone they will end up sideways even when I email them to my laptop they are up the right way but as soon as i post them on EBN they appear sideways, I too have tried taking the photo the other way even flipping it on its side to see if will post upright but nothing works I'm back to taking pictures on my camera to post on EBN .

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It happens with me too if I take them either on my iPad or phone they will end up sideways even when I email them to my laptop they are up the right way but as soon as i post them on EBN they appear sideways, I too have tried taking the photo the other way even flipping it on its side to see if will post upright but nothing works I'm back to taking pictures on my camera to post on EBN .

Before you take the photos, put it to landscape mode

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.