House Break-ins

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
BEWARE... Dec 30th, day before NYE.. a big night for people to go out and party.. about 6:30pm, after most people would be home from work, an innocent, petite, young girl about 22yrs old, came knocking on my door.. she said she was looking for some friend of hers who lived in "a house that looked like mine." Since we had new neighbors, I asked if he had just moved in, but she said he was a long friend of hers. My house is the ONLY 2 story, aluminum sided house, on a street of brick ranches.. I had stepped outside to talk to her, and noticed no car around, she had no coat in the snow and 28 degree temps.. Once I started asking her name, where she came from, she visibly was getting nervous, and texting on her phone. I purposely started getting aggressive and confrontational feeling that this was a set-up, to see if anyone was home, and that her "crew" was waiting for the go-ahead.. once she left, I called the local PD, who found a van with the girl and 3 young males, with criminal tools, 2 with warrants, and all with priors.. I live in a nice, quiet suburb.. criminals go where the money is, and the inner city doesn't have it, so they come out to the burbs instead. And my sign for my security system obviously wasn't a deterrent either

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
HOLY COW!!! WTH is wrong w/people?!! I NEVER answer my door for strange people, I don't trust anyone these days… Thank goodness you called the cops and got them off the street!!!

Dukiesmom

Feb 8, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dukie (Duke)
Wow. Just WOW. This world is getting so sad. My 84 yr old mother lives with us & im always afraid she will open the door for solicitors. I bought & installed a video peephole from Amazon so I don't have to open the door if it's a stranger.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Jesus.... thank GOD you are OK and were smart enough to pick up on her crap.... gotta be safe and on alert at all times.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Way to call the police. Good Form. I hope they found stolen property in the van and then throw the lot in jail and throw away the key. Period.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
About five years ago a husband and wife went around the upper to middle class neighborhoods trying to sell home security systems for ADT. They actually had a contract with them from what I understand and when people didn't answer the doors they would break in and steal whatever. They talked to my mom twice even with her telling them we already had a security system and broke into probably 15-20 houses in about 6 months before they were caught.

Thats why I have a safe for the things I need the most. Chunky would probably lick them to death or hysterics

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online