People Of The North--TAKE BACK YOUR COLD WEATHER!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
It just started snowing again but hopefully it will only be the inch that they predict. The temperature is right for snow though and the forecasts show precipitation all day so we will see.

We're suppose to have some snow this evening. There is also a storm brewing for Monday and with the cold air in place will most likely be snow.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Well Canada has always had a wonderful relationship with our southern friends and we feel that sharing is a important part of that relationship, As the guys went out this morning it was -38 at 5 am , at 7:40 am or now it has warmed up and would love to share that little bit of extra warmth with ya all it is -37 and we do not have any wind Thank god . Even My heated water bowl is having trouble this morning keeping up . At 5 am we had a power outage well more like a series of surges 5 or 6 in a row ( Hate them as if something is not plugged into a surge protection bar it fries and that does not always work ) the generator fired up God Bless and ran for a bit , were now back on full power . As i fed the dogs this morning I could hear in the bush the tree,s popping or splitting due to the cold , the moisture in the tree freezes and expands and more or less explodes the tree probably why we had a power outage a tree has fallen after popping on the lines and shorted the power out .

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I thought we were DONE for awhile, but today they are predicting 3 inches today… the kids are supposed to go back to school tomorrow (even though it's a holiday for them) to make up for the 3 days they missed last year. This is INSANE… TN is NOT prepared for all the snow/freezing rain. They don't have the equipment, brine, etc… and they need to add more snow days in the calendar.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Bentley told Tate and Finn to splash some water on their mommy.

I'm sure glad Bentley told them that b/c I was getting SO HOT under this sun and with it hitting 90 degrees today...well, i may just take a dip into the Pacific Ocean on this Valentine's Day.
:hot::summer::sunny:

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Were out power wise again for about a hr again , bright sunny day here just cold must be effecting the transformers or other eq, on battery power for computer more logs for the fire lol

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well it snowed friday and all of it is almost gone and we're expected to get 3-6" starting this afternoon and an additional 1-3 tomorrow. I am prepared unless i lose power and I guess then I need too figure out how to light the gas logs manually. They work off of a wall switch now

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well Canada has always had a wonderful relationship with our southern friends and we feel that sharing is a important part of that relationship, As the guys went out this morning it was -38 at 5 am , at 7:40 am or now it has warmed up and would love to share that little bit of extra warmth with ya all it is -37 and we do not have any wind Thank god . Even My heated water bowl is having trouble this morning keeping up . At 5 am we had a power outage well more like a series of surges 5 or 6 in a row ( Hate them as if something is not plugged into a surge protection bar it fries and that does not always work ) the generator fired up God Bless and ran for a bit , were now back on full power . As i fed the dogs this morning I could hear in the bush the tree,s popping or splitting due to the cold , the moisture in the tree freezes and expands and more or less explodes the tree probably why we had a power outage a tree has fallen after popping on the lines and shorted the power out .

We are now experiencing the snow here the TN sent to us via "People of the North" and Al Gore. I hope we do not lose power as we are expecting freezing rain later today on top of the snow. At least you have a back-up generator. I think I will look into that this year.

Try to stay warm.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
here is us for the week , please note we are planning to hoard that day we get to zero no share on that day as we are due for it !

MSN Weather

-17 F. That will definitely freeze your kabipees off. I hope it is warmer today. It's 26 F here now and is suppose to go above freezing sometime tonight.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sure glad Bentley told them that b/c I was getting SO HOT under this sun and with it hitting 90 degrees today...well, i may just take a dip into the Pacific Ocean on this Valentine's Day.
:hot::summer::sunny:

Shame on you. Now I respectfully request that you place a strip of your upholstery patching material and attach to your left cheek with the other end attached to your right cheek. LOL.:laugh:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I thought we were DONE for awhile, but today they are predicting 3 inches today… the kids are supposed to go back to school tomorrow (even though it's a holiday for them) to make up for the 3 days they missed last year. This is INSANE… TN is NOT prepared for all the snow/freezing rain. They don't have the equipment, brine, etc… and they need to add more snow days in the calendar.

the current radar shows you TN folks have rain or is it the white stuff?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am glad to be back in the land of humidity... That white stuff is for the birds.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
the current radar shows you TN folks have rain or is it the white stuff?

We had flurries in the morning yesterday, and then it turned into ice rain… school was delayed for 2 hours this morning. Right now it's just raining like crazy, I'm sure this stuff will freeze tonight… :freeze:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.