The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yesterday was a roller coaster of emotions as it was the first livestock show of the season in my daughters final year of showing before heading off to college. Her Senior doe breeding rabbit division was a tough one this time around with 30 entries, but she managed to place 5th which we are very proud of. The interesting thing was that the judge they used while good and thorough obviously wasn't used to judging rabbits of the breed my daughter has and was more of a meat rabbit judge so while he couldn't find any faults with my daughters bunny and even said so much that all in attendance could hear he went with meat rabbits for his top 4 and eventual Grand and Reserve Champions... It is what it is and we have been around the game long enough to know judges have their preferences, but this one hurts, as you could hear him talking as he was judging and he was saying he can't find a fault, she was perfect, sits and stacks well, the fur was impeccable and she was a great example of her breed. I am not saying that the others didn't deserve the places they got, but rather venting to point out that politics are not just in kids sports but in all other areas they may compete in as well.... No matter what I will always be a proud papa of everything my baby girl does.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Proud Papa is damn right... You have a smart , driven and responsible girl--- she kicked A S S even though she did not take first place

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That's awesome and congratulations to your daughter, she did a great job, and she should be proud of her accomplishment. Placing 5th out of 30 entrants is impressive.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Congratulations to her...well done...you've a certified right to be proud, Todd.
She earned that 1st place, a shame she didn't get it because of the Judge's
obvious bias.

I love reading your posts about your daughter, you are such a great Dad and
love her so much. Wish that all could have such a wonderful relationship with
their Dads as y'all have and a great example of one to follow in life as you.
Very sincere words as I & my 3 siblings did not have that and it still has bad
consequences today and I guess, forever.

God bless you for being there for her!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] I know the drill well. It is the same at shows,whatever it is you are showing.
The judges are actually supposed to pick the BEST of it's breed, not the best of the breed he likes! I used to show,and if he picked her rabbit as a fifth place,out of thiry, and he is a meat rabbit man-That fifth is a FIRST place of her breed! It is great out of 30!! (although everyone always hopes for a 1st.!) As was stated-that IS impressive!! :1stplace:
Congratulations to her! (now you can have a fifth......:drink::))

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Congratulations are in order!!! You have raised an amazing young lady Todd, you should be very proud :w00t:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I know all about sports and politics and it sucks for the kids. I went through it myself and have seen some of the kids in my family have to deal with it be effected also.

Congratulations on placing well and being able to say that you're proud of your daughter and he ability to raise good rabbits

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Thanks all. We know it all works out in the end and while this show was important the next one is the most important and biggest for us so we will see. We went back up there this morning for the auction and freezer sale and wound up buying a hog, lamb and a trio of rabbits from other kids in my daughters FFA chapter. The smiles on those kids faces when we told them we wanted to buy their animals was priceless and well worth it as they are a small chapter compared to the other schools and weren't getting the looks or the traffic the others were getting. They may not have been the best looking, biggest, or ever placed in the show but we know they have worked hard to raise them and deserved the the sale over some of the more prominent animals and schools that were there. So, knowing this even though my daughter graduates this year we told the AG teachers that we will still buy at least one animal each year for a minimum of 5 years going forward to help the chapter out.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.