Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Currently watching… the O.J. "Crime Story"

I have a huge interest in truth, research and law…this new "series" gained my attention...just finished the "Making a Murderer" docu-series…also quite interesting!

"Ross" representing "Robert Kardashian" … hmm…at first, I was hesitant, after watching…not bad!!

First scene, CRIED!! Bottom line, the start of this made me cry, it was quite disturbing.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We haven't got that here but sounds interesting I like true stories too

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I haven't watched it yet… honestly that entire story just makes me SO angry!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have the DVR set and may finish out the series before watching all 10 episodes (do a binge day with it). I heard an interview with Cuba Gooding Jr, and not only was the interview great, but it made me want to watch the series, as I was not interested prior to hearing the interview with him. He stated, once you see all that is told in the series you will have a better understanding of why the verdict came to be what it was.

Making a Murder... watched the whole thing in one day. The thing I did not like about the series is they only show you the side of the defense, very one sided documentary, however, I did read somewhere that the county/prosecution declined participation due to the ongoing case (appeals and such) which makes total sense

OP
NewEnglandBully

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I have the DVR set and may finish out the series before watching all 10 episodes (do a binge day with it). I heard an interview with Cuba Gooding Jr, and not only was the interview great, but it made me want to watch the series, as I was not interested prior to hearing the interview with him. He stated, once you see all that is told in the series you will have a better understanding of why the verdict came to be what it was.

Making a Murder... watched the whole thing in one day. The thing I did not like about the series is they only show you the side of the defense, very one sided documentary, however, I did read somewhere that the county/prosecution declined participation due to the ongoing case (appeals and such) which makes total sense
The prosecutors are SO sketchy…I liked that it was done from the Defense's point of view. I get what you mean though, it almost creates a biased audience, but WoW, how disturbing! There was something that REALLY bothered me about the victim's brother and ex-boyfriend…even from the start (during the search) - something there that caught my attention...

W.the OJ thing, I was on the fence about watching it and also saw an interview w/the guy that played Johnnie Cochran and decided to watch it. LOVED Marcia Clark's character.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The prosecutors are SO sketchy…I liked that it was done from the Defense's point of view. I get what you mean though, it almost creates a biased audience, but WoW, how disturbing! There was something that REALLY bothered me about the victim's brother and ex-boyfriend…even from the start (during the search) - something there that caught my attention...

W.the OJ thing, I was on the fence about watching it and also saw an interview w/the guy that played Johnnie Cochran and decided to watch it. LOVED Marcia Clark's character.

Agreed, the brother does not sit right with me and not sure why... maybe he is just an A S S, but something is off. I still wonder about the two relatives of Avery that really had no solid alibi, but each other -- maybe they had something to do with it.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I just started watching the first episode and I have a question. How would you all react if you were the guy walking the dog and came up on that scene?

Sorry for kind of thread jacking but I always try to think of how I think I would react to stuff like that. I am usually one to take charge of a situation but I have never walked up on a murder scene

OP
NewEnglandBully

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I just started watching the first episode and I have a question. How would you all react if you were the guy walking the dog and came up on that scene?

Sorry for kind of thread jacking but I always try to think of how I think I would react to stuff like that. I am usually one to take charge of a situation but I have never walked up on a murder scene
Not thread jacking at all…I would freak the **** out!!
Just watching it on tv was so upsetting for me, I couldn't imagine what that was like. So many "what ifs" too…what if she's still alive and needs CPR, what if the attacker is right there hiding and about to grab me.

I wonder how the families are doing w/this being re-introduced. My heart aches for them.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
from what I heard in the radio, Nichole Brown Simpson's family (The Browns) were not even consulted when they made the series, so needless to say, they were fuming.

OP
NewEnglandBully

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
from what I heard in the radio, Nichole Brown Simpson's family (The Browns) were not even consulted when they made the series, so needless to say, they were fuming.
I'm not surprised. What a tragedy. Another reason why I liked Marcia Clarke's character…she works for the system, yet defends how the system failed Nicole - time after time.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
The sister of Goldman is complaining because they did show him trying to protect her in the start of the show.

The acting is bad so far and I only seem to like Marcia Clarke character at this point and cannot figure out the OJ character since the way cuba is playing the part is not how I pictured OJ.

They quoted the bedroom as Kim kardashians and it was actually Khloe's. I am wondering how this is supposed to make the viewers believe OJ is innocent as someone said Cuba Gooding JR says it will

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No, the interview i heard... Cuba did not say innocent-- he said you will have a better understanding of why it did have that outcome---- keep in mind all these movies, shows, documentary want you to think or view a certain way... They are giving their view --- we never get the whole truth as agendas will be pushed

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Just watched 2nd episode

Longest car chase I think I have ever watched on tv since the original. I really hope OJ isn't anything like Cuba is portraying him and will hold my judgement on whether I believe he is guilty or not. He seems delusional and whiney so far.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It indelibly broke my heart.

Then broke again when so many cheered for a murderer
getting off.