newest intrigue

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just watched 2nd episode

Longest car chase I think I have ever watched on tv since the original. I really hope OJ isn't anything like Cuba is portraying him and will hold my judgement on whether I believe he is guilty or not. He seems delusional and whiney so far.

Agreed -- watched this episode on Monday night.... it worked my last nerve.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I'm watching the OJ story and I have to say it's very good! I didn't care for the way it started as I thought it was going to try and show how the deck was stacked against him but so far it's been nothing but proof of how guilty he was. I'm assuming the rest will show how the racial tension of the times shaped the verdict..which is insane. The prosecution totally botched the case with what seemed to be overwhelming evidence. One bloody glove at the crime scene..the other at his house...blood on his bronco...a history of beating her..I remember so clearly at the time the verdict was announced. I was in a crowded precinct..all the black cops and administrative personnel cheered the verdict...i couldn't understand then..and I still don't understand now how a murderer could be cheered just because he happens to be the same race...in my opinion anyone with any sense had to see he did it..I couldn't imagine cheering for a not guilty verdict if he happened to be a white celebrity with the same set of circumstances...he was so very guilty but the prosecution didn't prove it somehow. Anyway, at least he's in jail now...no satisfaction for the victims families though.

As for the making a murderer series the following link is one of the best theories I've heard...scroll down past the Simpsons parody, although that's pretty funny too, and it's a very interesting read...explains a lot of the confusion. If you've watched the series take a few minutes to read it.

This Simpsons/Making A Murderer Parody Is Some Good Interneting - Barstool Sports

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Just remember...Hollywood likes to make people think what they want to hear and persuade you to what side they want you to take.

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
I've seen the first episode of this, apparently it is by the makers of American Horror Story series (which I love), yeah, bit addicted to crime shows after seeing Making of A Murderer...

OP
NewEnglandBully

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I'm watching the OJ story and I have to say it's very good! I didn't care for the way it started as I thought it was going to try and show how the deck was stacked against him but so far it's been nothing but proof of how guilty he was. I'm assuming the rest will show how the racial tension of the times shaped the verdict..which is insane. The prosecution totally botched the case with what seemed to be overwhelming evidence. One bloody glove at the crime scene..the other at his house...blood on his bronco...a history of beating her..I remember so clearly at the time the verdict was announced. I was in a crowded precinct..all the black cops and administrative personnel cheered the verdict...i couldn't understand then..and I still don't understand now how a murderer could be cheered just because he happens to be the same race...in my opinion anyone with any sense had to see he did it..I couldn't imagine cheering for a not guilty verdict if he happened to be a white celebrity with the same set of circumstances...he was so very guilty but the prosecution didn't prove it somehow. Anyway, at least he's in jail now...no satisfaction for the victims families though.

As for the making a murderer series the following link is one of the best theories I've heard...scroll down past the Simpsons parody, although that's pretty funny too, and it's a very interesting read...explains a lot of the confusion. If you've watched the series take a few minutes to read it.

This Simpsons/Making A Murderer Parody Is Some Good Interneting - Barstool Sports
I read the article, very interesting read!! You know, it's pretty apparent that the key was "placed"ā€¦and the fact that there is now a picture showing that the key was part of a set, but only the one key was "discovered" at Avery's house is reasonable doubt, wouldn't this be enough for a re-trial?
The brother and the boyfriend bothered meā€¦I knew something was "off" just by the way they were actingā€¦.first at the search party, then while being interviewed on cameraā€¦and the way the brother handles the media bugs the ever living **** out of me!
Steven Avery needs OJ's dream team - if they can get a guilty man off, they should be able to get a framed man free. It's kind of a shame that Avery had to settle his first law-suitā€¦he would have been able to hire a dream team of his own.

OP
NewEnglandBully

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Just remember...Hollywood likes to make people think what they want to hear and persuade you to what side they want you to take.
In this particular case, the facts just don't add upā€¦and it's not so much Hollywood's editing as fact and testimony. I can see how it's geared more toward Steven's defense than prosecutionā€¦but that's the reason why the documentary started in the first placeā€¦an innocent man was wrongly convicted of a crime he did not commit.

Members online

No members online now.