N'oreaster That Will Be A Blizzard

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Note: we have not got even 1 flake as of 8:15 pm but I have prepared as if I'm in the red, see photo....so I have a busy weekend of watching no snow. Stay safe out there

9c5499adfebc7ba19ab891f4026e0990.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
At 9:45 PM.... About an inch or two--- neither kiddos are interested, just out and right back in

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
Lucky ducks, all of you. Its freakin 70 in TX today. Shoot me. Winter my butt. I'd be happy with an inch, send us some this way!! Stay safe all getting extreme snow!!

To qualify my next statement I will tell you that I was born and raised in Maryland, spent the first half of my life there, and I've spent the second half in Houston Texas; I can honestly say I will take a category 5 Hurricane over snow in Houston. People in Houston lose their freaking minds if it flurries for 5 minutes. All that aside I really do miss snow but I will go visit my folks in Maryland to get my fix.:yes:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
To qualify my next statement I will tell you that I was born and raised in Maryland, spent the first half of my life there, and I've spent the second half in Houston Texas; I can honestly say I will take a category 5 Hurricane over snow in Houston. People in Houston lose their freaking minds if it flurries for 5 minutes. All that aside I really do miss snow but I will go visit my folks in Maryland to get my fix.:yes:

I am a born & raised New Yorker.... Ended up in TX after 9/11. I actually think it's quite comical to see people react to a snow flurry here. It's also scary bc they are clueless when it comes to driving in it. Can't blame them....
But I would take a blizzard over a Hurricane anyday. Thankfully we weren't personally affected by Rita or Ike, but since I work in the Insurance industry & dealt with Katrina.... I'll never ever forgot the horrific scenes that it left behind.
I am throughly enjoying these Houston temps right now. Me & Tyson took our sweet time on our nightly walk [emoji3]

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

John I know exactly what you are talking about. Where in Maryland did you live? People in Maryland freak out as well. I lived in Houston off I-10 aka Rt 90 and off of the Gulf Freeway many years ago. And yes I went through Hurricane Carla to date my fanny perpendicular.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I am a born & raised New Yorker.... Ended up in TX after 9/11. I actually think it's quite comical to see people react to a snow flurry here. It's also scary bc they are clueless when it comes to driving in it. Can't blame them....
But I would take a blizzard over a Hurricane anyday. Thankfully we weren't personally affected by Rita or Ike, but since I work in the Insurance industry & dealt with Katrina.... I'll never ever forgot the horrific scenes that it left behind.
I am throughly enjoying these Houston temps right now. Me & Tyson took our sweet time on our nightly walk [emoji3]

I know exactly what you are talking about. I'll tell you Jessica...Mother Nature is snowing her fanny perpendicular off right now. I will post some pictures tomorrow. Jewel and Bentley are absolutely in heaven as they are having a blast playing in it. We'll see tomorrow when the snow is about 2 feet.

I used to live on Wycliff drive which is a street over from Wilchrest... I use to horse back ride at the Post Oak Stables (if they are still there).

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I know exactly what you are talking about. I'll tell you Jessica...Mother Nature is snowing her fanny perpendicular off right now. I will post some pictures tomorrow. Jewel and Bentley are absolutely in heaven as they are having a blast playing in it. We'll see tomorrow when the snow is about 2 feet.

I used to live on Wycliff drive which is a street over from Wilchrest... I use to horse back ride at the Post Oak Stables (if they are still there).

Yes! They are still there. And small world, I work off Wilcrest & I-10 Wycliff is right behind us :)

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes! They are still there. And small world, I work off Wilcrest & I-10 Wycliff is right behind us :)

I noticed you attract cops like flies...get rid of your red car. Dead give away. BTW 914 Wycliff.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Note: we have not got even 1 flake as of 8:15 pm but I have prepared as if I'm in the red, see photo....so I have a busy weekend of watching no snow. Stay safe out there

9c5499adfebc7ba19ab891f4026e0990.jpg

Scotch, cigar, and a snow shovel.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453553608.042709.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453553676.125376.jpg

Before and after... So far, not going to stop till tonight

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] you guys didn't get any snow?!!

It finally stopped snowing here late last night, I think the final total for our area is 8 inches. People are complete idiots around here, they act like the world is coming to an END… or they are going to DIE if they can't get out and go somewhere… SMH!!! I stock up, and enjoy spending the day w/the kiddos… fur and skin. We played in the snow, made a cake, watched movies and played games. If I didn't have Marcus here I would be catching up on chores, reading books and watching DVR shows. I enjoy not having to go anywhere for a couple of days ;)

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well I think I stocked up on food for nothing!!

It has snowed another 2" but 3"s or so had melted off yesterday so the total amount is 6" or so and the roads were clear before it started again so travel isn't a problem

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] you guys didn't get any snow?!!

It finally stopped snowing here late last night, I think the final total for our area is 8 inches. People are complete idiots around here, they act like the world is coming to an END… or they are going to DIE if they can't get out and go somewhere… SMH!!! I stock up, and enjoy spending the day w/the kiddos… fur and skin. We played in the snow, made a cake, watched movies and played games. If I didn't have Marcus here I would be catching up on chores, reading books and watching DVR shows. I enjoy not having to go anywhere for a couple of days ;)

Omg!! Yeah we just got a light dusting. Nothing like anyone else...the place shuts down here also. I'm the same way...if it snows I can stay inside for days. I grew up in pa and went to school in the snow belt by Lake Erie....what we got here is nothing and people freak out. I plan on staying in today even if I can see the grass lol

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.