cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I regularly listen to a Christian music station here in So Cal and during the air-time, they will play interviews with people to offer encouragement and inspiration.

I was listening this morning while I was at Starbuck's when this lady talked about how her father wanted to find a special song for her and came up with Have I Told You Lately That I Love You by Rod Stewart. It became his "trademark" song for her; like when she would have a baby, or during other special milestones, he would send her that song. When the dad died, the daughter had some of the lyrics engraved onto his headstone. It was obvious they were very close as father and daughter.

She shared that when her kid's play at school opened, she wished so much that her dad was there. Oddly enough, that song, Have I Told You Lately That I Love You played right before the play started (!) On another occasion, when she was going on a cruise with her family and she wished her dad was with them, there was a band on the ship and they played Have I Told You Lately That I Love You also. She said she would hear this song everywhere and she just felt like it was God's way of encouraging her, and letting her know that her dad was always with her.

One day she was walking somewhere with her daughter, I think she said she was in NYC, but not sure. She wanted her picture taken with her daughter and this guy comes up to her and says he'll take the photo. He mutters something like, "usually I'm the one on the other side of this camera..."; he takes the picture and says, "God Bless You" and they thank him and part ways. Then the lady's daughter says, "Mom, that was Rod Stewart!" And the lady was like, "no that wasn't!" But the daughter tells her what he muttered to her about always being on the other side of the camera and that she recognized him to be Rod. The lady runs as fast as she can to catch up to the man and when she does, she stops him and asks, "Are you Rod Stewart?" And he says "Yes, I am". The lady tells him about how her dad chose the song Have I Told You That I Love You as his song for her, how she had the lyrics engraved on his tomb stone, and how now that he's passed away, she keeps hearing that song EVERYWHERE. Rod Stewart tells the lady that she has just made his day.

I know this was a long story and thank you for reading through it. I felt touched and encouraged when I heard it. I have had times in my life when I felt very down and discouraged, and then something would happen that told me to not give up.
I just wanted to share this with you guys. :D

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Awesome! Sometimes as Christians special songs touch us. This is incredible to actually meet the singer of the song! I loved this story , thank you so much for sharing!

I love this song in some weird way it sounds Godly[emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Very glad you took the time to share this lovely story.

May God bless us all, today and every day!

Sensing you Texas sized hugs, dear Henny :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
What a lovely story, Thank YOU for sharing this Henny….

We think that things happen at random, but guess what?!! Today is my dad's 86 birthday, and he's been gone for almost 24 years. You have NO idea how much I needed to read this story today!!! :drawheart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great story -- thank you Henny.

My sister actually has something like this with her son that died.... his favorite song was 'wish you were here' by Pink Floyd so every time she hears it she says it helps her know he is OK and is watching over here. For a while after his death, it seemed it played a lot, then not so much, lately - it is back to where we always seem to hear it playing on the radio, in a store or it pops on in a TV show. I'm not a big fan of the song or the group, but Fran loved it and it makes me smile now when I hear it cause I know he is smiling too.

Most Reactions