Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Good on you Tracey for trying this

I myself don't eat any gluten or dairy whatsoever due to coeliac disease being diagnosed eight years ago I find the dairy free the hardest when eating out as most places use a heap of dairy, but I use a dairy free margarine or avocado but don't forget avocado is fattening, rice milk in cooking instead or real milk cheese I have found a pretend cheese but don't eat it that often but the eggs intrigued me eating so many as aren't they high in cholesterol I have been told by my heart rehab to have no more than 4 - 6 eggs a week for the cholesterol, I myself not to clued up on the paleo diet but seems to be the popular diet at the moment.
Anyway good luck with your challenge.

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Wow, Good luck to you Tracey! The sugar cravings should subside in a week or two. I am a vegetarian. I sometimes have a "cheat" if my body is really craving protien but I have tried not to give in to it because it will usually make me sick after. Now forgive my ignorance but are eggs considered dairy?

Eggs are a protein like fish and meat

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Yes, it was checked, my doctor said it was a little low but nothing to warrant meds or an issue.

I was told by a naturopath many years ago to see if your thyroid is lacking in iodin is to paint the souls of your feet before going to bed at night with iodine if in the morning it's gone your thyroid needs it and you can do this instead of meds well I did this and made Richard do it too never believed it thought what a load of **** but in the morning Richard feet were still painted and mine was all absorbed so don't know if this is a fact or not though but thought I would mention it anyway.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good on you Tracey for trying this

I myself don't eat any gluten or dairy whatsoever due to coeliac disease being diagnosed eight years ago I find the dairy free the hardest when eating out as most places use a heap of dairy, but I use a dairy free margarine or avocado but don't forget avocado is fattening, rice milk in cooking instead or real milk cheese I have found a pretend cheese but don't eat it that often but the eggs intrigued me eating so many as aren't they high in cholesterol I have been told by my heart rehab to have no more than 4 - 6 eggs a week for the cholesterol, I myself not to clued up on the paleo diet but seems to be the popular diet at the moment.
Anyway good luck with your challenge.

Eating out is seriously a challenge… I did it a couple of times on the whole30, but it was hard. I'm curious to see WHAT bothers me, I really hope it's NOT cheese… on the whole30 I was using coconut milk. I am SICK of eggs and avocados and I'm like you I'm curious to see how my cholesterol is affected by eating all of these eggs.

I don't really know the rules of the Paleo diet… I think it follows whole30 in the NO dairy, sugar or grains but it's not as strict. I may follow it until I reach my weight goal, and then see if I can maintain this weight.

Julie I know SO many people w/celiac disease, it must be difficult for you to travel w/your diet restrictions :(

- - - Updated - - -

I was told by a naturopath many years ago to see if your thyroid is lacking in iodin is to paint the souls of your feet before going to bed at night with iodine if in the morning it's gone your thyroid needs it and you can do this instead of meds well I did this and made Richard do it too never believed it thought what a load of **** but in the morning Richard feet were still painted and mine was all absorbed so don't know if this is a fact or not though but thought I would mention it anyway.

WOW I have never heard of that… I have thyroid, but my meds have been working for 2 years now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

interesting.... I may have to try it just to see the results.

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Eating out is seriously a challenge… I did it a couple of times on the whole30, but it was hard. I'm curious to see WHAT bothers me, I really hope it's NOT cheese… on the whole30 I was using coconut milk. I am SICK of eggs and avocados and I'm like you I'm curious to see how my cholesterol is affected by eating all of these eggs.

I don't really know the rules of the Paleo diet… I think it follows whole30 in the NO dairy, sugar or grains but it's not as strict. I may follow it until I reach my weight goal, and then see if I can maintain this weight.

Julie I know SO many people w/celiac disease, it must be difficult for you to travel w/your diet restrictions :(

- - - Updated - - -

It is difficult but I only eat at certain restaurants not that really is safe all the time I remember the first time we went out to dinner with Maggie and PHIL we went to Outback Steakhouse which has a gf menu and eaten there often but this time I thought the potatoe tasted really nice instead of bland well I soon found out a couple of hours later when I was sick but as soon as I taste something that has too much taste now I know it's not right and don't eat it and I'm sure waitresses hate serving me as I ask are you sure it's gf and no dairy but I don't like being sick and it's pretty scary what happens when you have had gluten hits you all of a sudden.
I saw my mother suffer she got cirrohsis of the liver from untreated coeliac disease then liver cancer

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well NOT to toot my own horn, but 30 people took part in the Whole30 challenge and we had a competition that our trainer got to choose the winner. 10 people were chosen and she drew a name out of a hat… I was in the top 10!!! :w00t: She based it on weight loss, personal changes and how we were performing at bootcamp. I think the funniest part is that I was the biggest skeptic of the entire challenge, and I was one of the top performers… Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well NOT to toot my own horn, but 30 people took part in the Whole30 challenge and we had a competition that our trainer got to choose the winner. 10 people were chosen and she drew a name out of a hat… I was in the top 10!!! :w00t: She based it on weight loss, personal changes and how we were performing at bootcamp. I think the funniest part is that I was the biggest skeptic of the entire challenge, and I was one of the top performers… Lol

Toot Away girl.... That is awesome--- hard work pays off

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
W

Why not! You did it and did it well so Toot it

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White

Thats great and i am sure you could of lost more weight but not noticed as many physical changes as I am sure you did working out also. I always gain weight anytime i start going to the gym but I look leaner. I have lost both from just weightlifting and cardio or from dieting and combined as you say you did is really the best. But boy am I hungry when doing both. LOL

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thats great and i am sure you could of lost more weight but not noticed as many physical changes as I am sure you did working out also. I always gain weight anytime i start going to the gym but I look leaner. I have lost both from just weightlifting and cardio or from dieting and combined as you say you did is really the best. But boy am I hungry when doing both. LOL

First week on whole30 my stomach was growling, but I got used to it… NOT feeding that sugar monster!!! Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.