Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] Hey, I caught your pounds that fell, let me know if you want them back!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wow, Good luck to you Tracey! The sugar cravings should subside in a week or two. I am a vegetarian. I sometimes have a "cheat" if my body is really craving protien but I have tried not to give in to it because it will usually make me sick after. Now forgive my ignorance but are eggs considered dairy?

Nope, I can eat eggs… I have a feeling I will be SICK of them after 30 days. I would love to be a vegetarian, but I think I would starve… Lol :giggle:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I think I may need to get my thyroid checked out. Just over the last year and 1/2 my hair has thinned and I gained 20 lbs. Energy level last year was AWFUL!

I have not tried this diet, but love cayenne pepper and supposedly that helps w/cravings?! Best of luck, I'll be cheering you on!!

GET IT CHECKED!!! When I went to my doc I was gaining weight, couldn't sleep, ZERO energy, and stress out the WAZOO… I actually thought I was having a mental breakdown :giggle: I feel MUCH better now, and I've been on the meds for several years… I will let you know how the diet goes, so far I'm missing my coffee creamer but I used coconut milk this morning and that helped. Gotta get over the SUGAR cravings I guess… Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I start off my day with a big bowl of Frosted Flakes. Then I head to Dunkin Donuts for a large coffee and jelly donut.
Lunch is a nice hot roast beef hero with brown gravy and melted mozzarella cheese.
A few red bulls during the afternoon.
Chicken Parm for dinner
Chocolate shake around midnight ...
works for me. The pounds are falling off...

OMG… LMAO!!!

:rofl:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Nope, I can eat eggs… I have a feeling I will be SICK of them after 30 days. I would love to be a vegetarian, but I think I would starve… Lol :giggle:
No Way, there are so many great recipes! It is a little harder for me because I hate fish. I love any kind of veggies though so that is good! Believe it or not, when we are away for the weekends with our friends on the boat, they all eat what I make, and forget their burgers and junk! I mean who wouldn't want homemade mushroom risotto instead, with a beautiful salad??

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No Way, there are so many great recipes! It is a little harder for me because I hate fish. I love any kind of veggies though so that is good! Believe it or not, when we are away for the weekends with our friends on the boat, they all eat what I make, and forget their burgers and junk! I mean who wouldn't want homemade mushroom risotto instead, with a beautiful salad??

EVERY time you make that I wish I could taste it… you need to post that recipe PLEASE!!! Lol

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Wow, Good luck to you Tracey! The sugar cravings should subside in a week or two. I am a vegetarian. I sometimes have a "cheat" if my body is really craving protien but I have tried not to give in to it because it will usually make me sick after. Now forgive my ignorance but are eggs considered dairy?
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] I believe the term is that if you eat eggs...then you are a ovo-vegan...and if you consume dairy and eggs...then the term is lacto-ovo-vegan. My wife is a lacto-ovo-vegan...no meat no fish.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
@brutus77 I believe the term is that if you eat eggs...then you are a ovo-vegan...and if you consume dairy and eggs...then the term is lacto-ovo-vegan. My wife is a lacto-ovo-vegan...no meat no fish.
That's me than lacto-ovo-vegan

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OK… 4 days in and I've already lost 4 pounds!!! I had a TERRIBLE headache the first couple of days, my trainer said it was the detox from the sugar, and other processed additives. My biggest problem is eating enough calories… I'm supposed to be eating around 1550 per day, and I've only been getting around 1000. I have ZERO energy, I'm going to try and get some approved snacks from the store today…

Any advice?!!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Forgot to mention --- what I do for Lewis is keep the fridge stocked with cooked meat, fish and salads -- this way if he is looking to nibble or hungry at any time, it is all ready for him. I spend a few hours each weekend cooking 5 or 6 meats/fishes that will last him the week for lunch/dinner. Breakfast he has 3 eggs and a meat of some type each morning.

That is what I do anytime I get serious about losing weight and will do again soon. I always season 6 boneless chicken breast and grill it then make whole wheat tacos that I could take to work. I usually eat out at dinner though but watch what I order.

The holidays have killed me.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just competed my Whole30 TODAY!!! :w00t:

Here's what happened…

I have lost a total of 10 pounds
I sleep SO much better that I actually stopped taking melatonin to get to sleep
I learned a LOT about processed foods and now I pay attention to what I'm eating and how much SUGAR is in EVERYTHING!!!

I have to go thru a 10 day reintroduction period to try out legumes, gluten free grains, dairy, and gluten grains. During this period I will KNOW exactly what foods cause me issues, and hopefully I can either avoid eating them or at least keep consumption in check. I have enjoyed this journey SO much, that I'm actually considering a Paleo lifestyle depending on how my reintroduction period goes. I was SO skeptical about this whole thing, and now I'm seriously convinced… what we eat plays a HUGE role in how we feel.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I have never went to the extremes of the eating regiment of the Whole 30 but I know how much better I feel and when I am actually eating decent and drinking water all the time plus getting exercise every other day at the least. Lately I have at horribly and drank a lot of sweet tea and not worked out and I feel horrible and have gained 12lbs since mid november. I am still probably more active than a lot of people but my metabolism sucks so I gain weight easy but do not have any trouble losing 3-4lbs per week when I really try.

I lost motivation and got lazy!!

congrats on your weight loss and eating better.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.