Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Whole30 Challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Forgot to mention --- what I do for Lewis is keep the fridge stocked with cooked meat, fish and salads -- this way if he is looking to nibble or hungry at any time, it is all ready for him. I spend a few hours each weekend cooking 5 or 6 meats/fishes that will last him the week for lunch/dinner. Breakfast he has 3 eggs and a meat of some type each morning.

That is what I do anytime I get serious about losing weight and will do again soon. I always season 6 boneless chicken breast and grill it then make whole wheat tacos that I could take to work. I usually eat out at dinner though but watch what I order.

The holidays have killed me.

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I just competed my Whole30 TODAY!!!

Here's what happened…

I have lost a total of 10 pounds
    I sleep SO much better that I actually stopped taking melatonin to get to sleep
    I learned a LOT about processed foods and now I pay attention to what I'm eating and how much SUGAR is in EVERYTHING!!!

I have to go thru a 10 day reintroduction period to try out legumes, gluten free grains, dairy, and gluten grains. During this period I will KNOW exactly what foods cause me issues, and hopefully I can either avoid eating them or at least keep consumption in check. I have enjoyed this journey SO much, that I'm actually considering a Paleo lifestyle depending on how my reintroduction period goes. I was SO skeptical about this whole thing, and now I'm seriously convinced… what we eat plays a HUGE role in how we feel.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

4. Likes Marine91, CCandMurray, Chunky White liked this post
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Congrats. Keep up the good work.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

6. Likes CCandMurray, ddnene liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

congratulations, sounds like a very fruitful effort. Yes I am totally with you. Your body feels whatever you put into it. Good job.
    Hug your bully today

8. Likes CCandMurray, ddnene liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Do the Dew.

10. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray, ddnene liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

I have never went to the extremes of the eating regiment of the Whole 30 but I know how much better I feel and when I am actually eating decent and drinking water all the time plus getting exercise every other day at the least. Lately I have at horribly and drank a lot of sweet tea and not worked out and I feel horrible and have gained 12lbs since mid november. I am still probably more active than a lot of people but my metabolism sucks so I gain weight easy but do not have any trouble losing 3-4lbs per week when I really try.

I lost motivation and got lazy!!

congrats on your weight loss and eating better.

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

12. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Good on you Tracey for trying this

I myself don't eat any gluten or dairy whatsoever due to coeliac disease being diagnosed eight years ago I find the dairy free the hardest when eating out as most places use a heap of dairy, but I use a dairy free margarine or avocado but don't forget avocado is fattening, rice milk in cooking instead or real milk cheese I have found a pretend cheese but don't eat it that often but the eggs intrigued me eating so many as aren't they high in cholesterol I have been told by my heart rehab to have no more than 4 - 6 eggs a week for the cholesterol, I myself not to clued up on the paleo diet but seems to be the popular diet at the moment.
    Anyway good luck with your challenge.

Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Wow, Good luck to you Tracey! The sugar cravings should subside in a week or two. I am a vegetarian. I sometimes have a "cheat" if my body is really craving protien but I have tried not to give in to it because it will usually make me sick after. Now forgive my ignorance but are eggs considered dairy?
    Eggs are a protein like fish and meat

15. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Yes, it was checked, my doctor said it was a little low but nothing to warrant meds or an issue.
    I was told by a naturopath many years ago to see if your thyroid is lacking in iodin is to paint the souls of your feet before going to bed at night with iodine if in the morning it's gone your thyroid needs it and you can do this instead of meds well I did this and made Richard do it too never believed it thought what a load of **** but in the morning Richard feet were still painted and mine was all absorbed so don't know if this is a fact or not though but thought I would mention it anyway.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    Do the Dew.
    LMAO!!! Mountain Dew is poison…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ftse 100 View Post
    Good on you Tracey for trying this

I myself don't eat any gluten or dairy whatsoever due to coeliac disease being diagnosed eight years ago I find the dairy free the hardest when eating out as most places use a heap of dairy, but I use a dairy free margarine or avocado but don't forget avocado is fattening, rice milk in cooking instead or real milk cheese I have found a pretend cheese but don't eat it that often but the eggs intrigued me eating so many as aren't they high in cholesterol I have been told by my heart rehab to have no more than 4 - 6 eggs a week for the cholesterol, I myself not to clued up on the paleo diet but seems to be the popular diet at the moment.
    Anyway good luck with your challenge.
    Eating out is seriously a challenge… I did it a couple of times on the whole30, but it was hard. I'm curious to see WHAT bothers me, I really hope it's NOT cheese… on the whole30 I was using coconut milk. I am SICK of eggs and avocados and I'm like you I'm curious to see how my cholesterol is affected by eating all of these eggs.

I don't really know the rules of the Paleo diet… I think it follows whole30 in the NO dairy, sugar or grains but it's not as strict. I may follow it until I reach my weight goal, and then see if I can maintain this weight.

Julie I know SO many people w/celiac disease, it must be difficult for you to travel w/your diet restrictions

- - - Updated - - -

I was told by a naturopath many years ago to see if your thyroid is lacking in iodin is to paint the souls of your feet before going to bed at night with iodine if in the morning it's gone your thyroid needs it and you can do this instead of meds well I did this and made Richard do it too never believed it thought what a load of **** but in the morning Richard feet were still painted and mine was all absorbed so don't know if this is a fact or not though but thought I would mention it anyway.
    WOW I have never heard of that… I have thyroid, but my meds have been working for 2 years now.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

interesting.... I may have to try it just to see the results.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads