Outdoor Christmas Decorations

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
First off, I'm ridiculously excited that this year I have an entire house I can decorate for Christmas. It sure beats putting up just one tree in our 700sq apartment!

Thing is, I really want to do the front yard. Nothing crazy, just the huge white pine up front, the 3 light columns and the small plants next to the light columns.
I also want to do the front deck, the small garden right in front of the house, and put a couple of nice wreaths on both garage doors.

Of course, I don't even know where to start. Was hoping you guys can share pics of what you do for inspiration..

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
This is the first year in this house so I went with the easy route. It looks better with the front porch lights off but my mother wanted to see the fake poinsettias and the wreath so I turned the front porch light on. I will hang icicle lights along the front of the house next year

20151127_230859.jpg

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I LOVE Christmas and i'm pretty close to Griswold status at my house. I'm pretty sure it's tacky so you may not want my advice hahaha.
I have a huge wood santa and reindeer that my mom made in my front yard and the house has lights everywhere.
Inside is like Christmas threw up everywhere.

If i were you, i would go all out since it's your first time!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
hahaha i swear this is gonna be my house this year also, ansley and haley will be here dec 21 from Minnesota and its my first year having a grand baby for christmas so im going ALL out hope no one calls the fire dept on me hahaaha. Happy Holidays to all ill post pics when im done decorating. :w00t: and poor bella and her OCD shes gonna freak out lol

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
This is the first year in this house so I went with the easy route. It looks better with the front porch lights off but my mother wanted to see the fake poinsettias and the wreath so I turned the front porch light on. I will hang icicle lights along the front of the house next year

View attachment 93722

I like this a lot. Looks very pretty.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I LOVE Christmas and i'm pretty close to Griswold status at my house. I'm pretty sure it's tacky so you may not want my advice hahaha.
I have a huge wood santa and reindeer that my mom made in my front yard and the house has lights everywhere.
Inside is like Christmas threw up everywhere.

If i were you, i would go all out since it's your first time!

Pics??

I can't go all out this year:( We don't even have furniture in yet. We've been staying in the finished basement when we go up.
Even my kitchen just had the cabinets installed, but I found out the counter tops I chose (the slabs) are reserved for someone else so waiting on their next shipment so I can choose the slabs again.
The house is pretty much bare. That's one of the reasons I really wanna do the outside.

hahaha i swear this is gonna be my house this year also, ansley and haley will be here dec 21 from Minnesota and its my first year having a grand baby for christmas so im going ALL out hope no one calls the fire dept on me hahaaha. Happy Holidays to all ill post pics when im done decorating. :w00t: and poor bella and her OCD shes gonna freak out lol

Any pics from previous years? :)

I'm also worried my two, or at least Blue are gonna go OCD if I do too much to the outside.. oh well.. too bad..lol..

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We have grapevine reindeer, and this year I got an owl and a mouse… I also have Ray put up lights to border the front of the house. My fav are those icicle lights, but we have so many A frames that Ray would probably fall off the roof trying to put it all up… Lol I'm not sure I have any pics…

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Here are the reindeer(I keep calling it a moose) and the Santa. i'll try to get lights photos tonight!

IMG_0425.jpg

That stinks about your countertops. You are a trooper for re-doing a house....takes so much patience.

Since you can't go all out this year, shop the after Christmas sales and stock up for next year when you can!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I will take a pic of our tonight and post later. We string lights on the house on both levels, wrap the entire porch in fresh pine, and have 4 inflatables on the lawn. We ususally do white icecile (sp) lights but this year I wanted color so we went with that.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks everyone.

More pics please.. really enjoy seeing them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I spent a lot of time creating strings of clear red and white lights that go around all our windows open on the inside. Then I hang lights on the deck. The tree in the front window finishes it off. I used to do more, but with just Bill and I, we make it simple.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Looks good! I love Christmas for two reasons my birthday is two days after and adopting Miss Porkchop 12/14/13 . She was my Christmas and bday, best gift ever. I am excited to decorate my fence at my apt [emoji319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Looks good! I love Christmas for two reasons my birthday is two days after and adopting Miss Porkchop 12/14/13 . She was my Christmas and bday, best gift ever. I am excited to decorate my fence at my apt [emoji319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We share the same birthday!
A bulldog for Christmas & your birthday!? That really is the best gift ever!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.