Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13

Thread: Turkey Neck Feud

  1. #1
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,775
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    1915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Turkey Neck Feud

    One of the best parts about cooking a turkey is having the turkey neck all to myself (weird, I know, but it's the BEST - minus those tiny bones - don't knock it 'til ya try it!). Growing up, my mother and I would fight over it and since she was the cook, she had a say as to whom got more (not a whole lotta meat on that sucker)…Ever since I started cooking for my family the neck has been "mine all mine"
    mostly because the girls and Hubby think it's "gross"…This year, I am considering sacrificing it to my favorite boy…(uncooked of course -wink). He has not yet had one and I think he would LOVE it! This may just cause a new "feud" in the years to come…especially if my Mom comes for dinner!!


    !!!!HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!


    "Unequivocally the Sweetest"

  2. #2
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Barrys Bay Ont Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)
    3188

    Default Re: Turkey Neck Feud

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    One of the best parts about cooking a turkey is having the turkey neck all to myself (weird, I know, but it's the BEST - minus those tiny bones - don't knock it 'til ya try it!). Growing up, my mother and I would fight over it and since she was the cook, she had a say as to whom got more (not a whole lotta meat on that sucker)…Ever since I started cooking for my family the neck has been "mine all mine"
    mostly because the girls and Hubby think it's "gross"…This year, I am considering sacrificing it to my favorite boy…(uncooked of course -wink). He has not yet had one and I think he would LOVE it! This may just cause a new "feud" in the years to come…especially if my Mom comes for dinner!!


    !!!!HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

    Ok this is one of those ones I will get in trouble on I am honest , My Mom loves the neck and we all have written contracts ( I am a only child ,, does it show ) with all My born children now new husbands and any other fools wishing to challenge the rule OF MOM GETS THE NECK ! ( and it better be to her specifications or else ) Some families and ours is NO exception ( ME I DO THE COOKING AND TAKE ZERO PRISONERS ) pride themselves on the STUFFING and vary that product every year which take it from Me it gets to be a challenge as you get older ! ( I remember certain dinosaurs ok )
    Now I have a cousin he is in My view a ummm a ,,,,, ok to put it in Bully terms a Stinky Bum !!!, and fitting he likes the Parsons nose cooked a certain way , and He has never found out what I do to it and i have never said But The Idiot eats it to My enjoyment ,,,,,! it is legal !!
    All that said I do not give ANY bones to My guys NONE Cooked not cooked whatever , I do not take the chance , they get enough thru there food and other treats and the Vitamins they gey every day .
    There is a thought My cousin and the Parsons Nose and the stuff I feed the ........ NVM will check with Legal first !
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

    ...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

  3. #3
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,775
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    1915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Turkey Neck Feud

    Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    Ok this is one of those ones I will get in trouble on I am honest , My Mom loves the neck and we all have written contracts ( I am a only child ,, does it show ) with all My born children now new husbands and any other fools wishing to challenge the rule OF MOM GETS THE NECK ! ( and it better be to her specifications or else ) Some families and ours is NO exception ( ME I DO THE COOKING AND TAKE ZERO PRISONERS ) pride themselves on the STUFFING and vary that product every year which take it from Me it gets to be a challenge as you get older ! ( I remember certain dinosaurs ok )
    Now I have a cousin he is in My view a ummm a ,,,,, ok to put it in Bully terms a Stinky Bum !!!, and fitting he likes the Parsons nose cooked a certain way , and He has never found out what I do to it and i have never said But The Idiot eats it to My enjoyment ,,,,,! it is legal !!
    All that said I do not give ANY bones to My guys NONE Cooked not cooked whatever , I do not take the chance , they get enough thru there food and other treats and the Vitamins they gey every day .
    There is a thought My cousin and the Parsons Nose and the stuff I feed the ........ NVM will check with Legal first !
    Do you mean "the Pope's nose"? that's what we called one of the giblets…I forget which one, never cared for that…
    You don't give raw turkey neck?

    "Unequivocally the Sweetest"

  4. #4
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Barrys Bay Ont Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)
    3188

    Default Re: Turkey Neck Feud

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Do you mean "the Pope's nose"? that's what we called one of the giblets…I forget which one, never cared for that…
    You don't give raw turkey neck?
    No We give Zero bones of any type cooked or not no matter to the dogs or any pets , been there done that .
    The parson,s nose is the tail of the turkey just above the " Stinky Bum " and it is a triangular pc of mostly bone with very little meat , I do not see the attraction considering the size of it it all , I can see the Neck as a nice piece of .
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

    ...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

  5. #5
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Turkey Neck Feud

    I'm pretty sure you can. But like you, it's my favorite part of the turkey and the only one that's getting that neck (i love them salty with crispy/dry skin..lol) is moi!


  6. Likes NewEnglandBully liked this post
  7. #6
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,190
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11526

    Default Re: Turkey Neck Feud

    I ave never eaten it, but have heard from many it is very tasty...... as for the pups getting it raw -- might be OK Oh, @RiiSi... thoughts?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. #7
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,775
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    1915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Turkey Neck Feud

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I ave never eaten it, but have heard from many it is very tasty...... as for the pups getting it raw -- might be OK Oh, @RiiSi... thoughts?
    If you are not a vegetarian, then I must insist you try it! Boil w/the Pope's nose

    "Unequivocally the Sweetest"

  9. #8
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,775
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    1915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Turkey Neck Feud

    Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can. But like you, it's my favorite part of the turkey and the only one that's getting that neck (i love them salty with crispy/dry skin..lol) is moi!
    How do you get the neck crispy?? Have always boiled…do you fry/broil?

    "Unequivocally the Sweetest"

  10. #9
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    RiiSi's Avatar
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Location
    Sysmä
    Posts
    4,709
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)
    2626

    Default Re: Turkey Neck Feud

    Never thought I could share a turkey neck with my boys let alone fight for it, but they do love theirs. I wouldn't know how to prepare it so they can have it all, raw ofcourse.

  11. Likes NewEnglandBully liked this post
  12. #10
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,775
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    1915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Turkey Neck Feud

    Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    Never thought I could share a turkey neck with my boys let alone fight for it, but they do love theirs. I wouldn't know how to prepare it so they can have it all, raw ofcourse.
    you don't know what you're missing @RiiSi lol - do you cut it up in small pieces before giving it to them or whole?

    "Unequivocally the Sweetest"

  13. #11
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Turkey Neck Feud

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    How do you get the neck crispy?? Have always boiled…do you fry/broil?
    Roast it with the turkey. But I let it sit in the pan, not the on roasting rack. This way, the turkey juices (and the butter that's slathered all over the turkey) drips onto the neck and makes it beyond delish.


  14. Likes NewEnglandBully liked this post
  15. #12
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    RiiSi's Avatar
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Location
    Sysmä
    Posts
    4,709
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)
    2626

    Default Re: Turkey Neck Feud

    They will gobble it down and possibly choke if cut to pieces, it's better to give it whole and let them work it in to pieces. I don't think turkey necks are even sold for humans in Finland....so if I want to try I have to fight for one with the boys....

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    you don't know what you're missing @RiiSi lol - do you cut it up in small pieces before giving it to them or whole?

  16. Likes NewEnglandBully liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •