brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We thought for sure since Molly and Maggie were so close that Maggie would be depressed since Molly passed. I really thought she wouldnt last long afterward. BUT I have come to realize that Maggie wasn't going downhill with Molly, she was keeping her company while Molly wasn't well. The last year Maggie would lay next to her most of the day, not really interacting with us if Molly wasnt. Maggie was quiet in the next couple of days after putting Molly to sleep, but then I noticed she wanted to be with us more, and actually started playing with toys again. I went out today and got her special stuffy toys that are off limits to the bulldogs. I can't believe at almost 12 yrs old I have my girl back. It is amazing how she felt like she had to care for Molly and actually gave up almost an entire year of her life. Dogs are truly amazing. I love her so much. Here she is with her new toy 20151122_194219.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Believe it or not, my girl, Lizzie has done the same,since Carlie has gone.She knew Carlie was ill before I did,as she hadn't picked up a toy. They always know things that we don't.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Wow! That's amazing! These dogs have a sense that I don't tho k any of us fully comprehend. They are certainly more than just animals. They really are caring, have emotions, and more like people than we think.l take that back, better than most people!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
True love. Thanks for sharing.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww what a sweet girl, keeping her sister company when she wasn't feeling well. Animals can sense when you don't feel well, and they will stay by your side they just know and will give unconditional love.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We had 2 cats years ago, and when we lost Midi he was our diabetic baby. I swear that Baby had a revival of sorts, he sort of re-charged there for awhile… it's almost like they take on whatever is going on w/their fur siblings. Unbelievable, but it truly happens :heart:

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
thanks for sharing.. I wish some people had the compassion that some of the wonderful dogs have.. there are so many lessons they could learn from them..

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I went thru that when Tilly passed with Odin , it was like he was all of a sudden sick and all it was was him missing Tilly
As much as was so terribly missing Tilly for so long so was Odin . Since Rosie has come home to us now Odin and Rosie are inseparable and I mean that .
I never underestimate these guys , even Diva who is 11 is now in fully MOM mode with the pup , Insists on going out every time Rosie goes out , Diva is also the big corrector to Rosie and will nip her if she steps out of line , they truly are amazing creatures .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Dogs are so freakin amazing....

:drawheart:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
That's just beautiful. [emoji813]
If only we could all be as wise and compassionate as our four legged family....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.