Giggle... Remember my broken dishwasher?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:giggle:

Some of you may remember, that I do not use a dishwasher. Many MANY, and I mean MANY years ago, the pump broke in the dishwasher and Chip was traveling so he couldn't do anything about it, so I starting washing by hand. Found it to be easier, really. So I told him not to worry about fixing it, or replacing it, I don't want it.

Fast forward to the summer. Septic flooded. Washing machine broke. Worked but leaked water all over the floor. So out to the back patio it went, where I did laundry because no way could I wait. Well we fixed the septic by getting that pumped, and trying to be better about water usage. The washing machine ended up being the pump, the blades were completely gone! So he replaced the pump by getting a $40 pump and now it's good as new. Then the microwave broke. That was a switch on the board that was sticking on the door. I think he fixed that for less than $5. Then my dryer broke! I hear a loud clank bonk clank clank (sounded like something broke off something). So a new belt for $10 and my dryer is good as new.

So he decided since he has been so handy lately he would replace the pump in the dishwasher, since he found one for $10 on ebay. At least it would work *IF* I want to use it, right?

So he replaced it and it still would not drain. So he goes online (this is where youtube and blogs have helped him fix everything!) and goes and bangs out a plug in the garbage disposal.

Apparently, when he put in my new disposal MANY MANY years ago, he didn't take that out.....

:busted:

So now I have a working dishwasher. :dishes:

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
:laugh:
Hey Chip, our dishwasher's busted, washer doesn't drain and the refrigerator is backwards (<--true story)…any chance you could come fix our appliances?!!

Congrats on having your dishwasher back!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hey get in line Laurie, lol. Lisa can send Chip here first, I need the guts in my toilet in the basement replaced, and when we bought this house, two years ago, I didn't notice until we moved in that the owner hadn't put trim or corner rounds on the walls behind his couches, or in other p,aces that were hidden, so I have gaps in the trim, p,U.S. We noticed after as well that he had used 3 different kinds of trim in the basement, so we have to replace all the trim and corner rounds in the house, plus my second sink in the kitchen is leaking. This is the part of home ownership that sucks. Lol

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Wow, Chip is a very handy man :2thumbs: I wish I had a dishwasher but maybe it's overrated... :unsure:

soooo not overrated! i dont think i'd still be married without a dishwasher....i hate washing dishes! :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Lisa how did you prefer to wash dishes over the dishwasher doing them, I really do not like doing the dishes I would be lost without my dishwasher.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My problem is I'm so OCD the dishes are rinsed so well they may as well be clean before I put them in. So I felt like I was washing dishes twice.

I'm a DORK!
[MENTION=10681]Laurie[/MENTION] he fixed everything mainly to YouTube videos!!! A few forums too but most YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well I'm sure you have saved a fortune having Chip do the work… I would HATE to admit how much money I have spent on repairs since Ray is never home. I had to giggle about the plug though… LOL Well that was kinda a 2 for 1 deal on that one… :giggle:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Wow, it's like christmas came early in your house. New appliances all around!! lol I would not be able to live without my modern appliances. When I was first married we tried to save money and I convinced Gary I did not need a dryer. I would hang all the clothes. Well that lasted about 1month and in came the dryer! :whistle:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My husband always fixed everything(I helped). We never had to hire anyone. He even did the car/tractor repairs. Now that he is gone, I've learned how to panic!:excited:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I never understood the need for a dishwasher..we have one and my wife loves it but you have to rinse your dishes off first so why not spend another 10 seconds and just clean it? Makes no sense to me!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I never understood the need for a dishwasher..we have one and my wife loves it but you have to rinse your dishes off first so why not spend another 10 seconds and just clean it? Makes no sense to me!

That's what I'm saying! No one listens though. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:giggle:

Some of you may remember, that I do not use a dishwasher. Many MANY, and I mean MANY years ago, the pump broke in the dishwasher and Chip was traveling so he couldn't do anything about it, so I starting washing by hand. Found it to be easier, really. So I told him not to worry about fixing it, or replacing it, I don't want it.

Fast forward to the summer. Septic flooded. Washing machine broke. Worked but leaked water all over the floor. So out to the back patio it went, where I did laundry because no way could I wait. Well we fixed the septic by getting that pumped, and trying to be better about water usage. The washing machine ended up being the pump, the blades were completely gone! So he replaced the pump by getting a $40 pump and now it's good as new. Then the microwave broke. That was a switch on the board that was sticking on the door. I think he fixed that for less than $5. Then my dryer broke! I hear a loud clank bonk clank clank (sounded like something broke off something). So a new belt for $10 and my dryer is good as new.

So he decided since he has been so handy lately he would replace the pump in the dishwasher, since he found one for $10 on ebay. At least it would work *IF* I want to use it, right?

So he replaced it and it still would not drain. So he goes online (this is where youtube and blogs have helped him fix everything!) and goes and bangs out a plug in the garbage disposal.

Apparently, when he put in my new disposal MANY MANY years ago, he didn't take that out.....

:busted:

So now I have a working dishwasher. :dishes:

Priceless! :laugh:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online