Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Rosalie I am so very sorry you are going through this my heart goes out to you and your family, we had to make this decision with our pug Pugsley when he was fourteen such a hard choice to make but we do it for them as so they no longer suffer but they take a part of us with them to Heaven. Molly was lucky girl to be part of the O'Toole family.

I will be thinking of you all tomorrow as you go through this as a family sending prayers and Love your way

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I just feel so torn. She is having such a hard time, and if im Honest isnt really walking right, but then she sits here looking at me and it is actually ripping my heart out. And the cherry on this crap sundae is, Madison hasn't been feeling well, she has stomach pains, I finally give in and take her to the doctor, she has an extremely high white blood count. Doc suspects her appendix is on the fritz and was sending her to the ER. I reasoned she has had pains for a week and she could probably wait till tomorrow for a cat scan. He begrudgingly agreed as long as I promused to bring her to the hospital if pain got any worse. Full disclosure: I have started drinking!

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
So heartbreaking. I would have to do more than drink if I were in your spot right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your girls. Please keep us posted as you can.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It takes a strong person to give the gift of knowing when it's time to let a dear companion and family member go. I am thinking of you :heart:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] Dogs just know when they are loved even at the end,when their pain becomes too much to bear, and we help them to find rest. I have just gone through this
heartbreak, and know the pain for us. Our gift to them is the gift of the love to end suffering. My prayers for you is to have the courage,and feel no guilt.
You have been a wonderful mom,:heart::heart:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm so sorry, I admire you for knowing it's time. Molly is so lucky to have lived such a long and happy life, all thanks to you rescuing her<3

Thinking of you

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
God Bless You and Your Family Rosalie, Molly will run with the Angels and wait for you Rosalie one day to join her. You are a Wonderful Person to have the Love and Caring for Molly and all of Your Babies. Love, Susan and Elmo

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
12009788_661147070689345_1403843279806997175_n.jpgYou'll be in my thoughts!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I just feel so torn. She is having such a hard time, and if im Honest isnt really walking right, but then she sits here looking at me and it is actually ripping my heart out. And the cherry on this crap sundae is, Madison hasn't been feeling well, she has stomach pains, I finally give in and take her to the doctor, she has an extremely high white blood count. Doc suspects her appendix is on the fritz and was sending her to the ER. I reasoned she has had pains for a week and she could probably wait till tomorrow for a cat scan. He begrudgingly agreed as long as I promused to bring her to the hospital if pain got any worse. Full disclosure: I have started drinking!

Ugh, I'm SO sorry… everything happens at once, I'm a FIRM believer in that one. Don't beat yourself up about Madison… I'm always conflicted as to whether to rush them into the vets or wait it out. You are a wonderful caretaker for your precious babies :heart:

When Roxie was stumbling around the house, and not eating the decision was made… I was forcing water down her throat w/a syringe. I probably should of taken her in sooner, but I was just praying for a miracle that never came. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs today… :assurred:

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, I'm SO sorry… everything happens at once, I'm a FIRM believer in that one. Don't beat yourself up about Madison… I'm always conflicted as to whether to rush them into the vets or wait it out. You are a wonderful caretaker for your precious babies :heart:

When Roxie was stumbling around the house, and not eating the decision was made… I was forcing water down her throat w/a syringe. I probably should of taken her in sooner, but I was just praying for a miracle that never came. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs today… :assurred:

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Rosalie, I'm so sorry for all you are going through! My thoughts will be with you and your family and Molly this afternoon :heart:
I will also pray for Madison's quick healing. My heart goes out to you xo

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I am so sad, Rosalie, for the pain you are going through. I have been there more times than I like to remember. Last year, my boxer Lily had cancer and lost bowel and bladder control and was having trouble walking on her back legs. Like Tracey, upon reflection, I may have waited too long, but rest assured that you have made the best decision for her. Take comfort in the wonderful life she had and all the joy you and Molly brought each other. Hugs!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
The time has come for my sweet baby to cross the bridge. Molly is just shy of her 14th birthday. We rescued her as a puppy mill baby at 6wks. She was very sick at first but rebounded and has lived a long, happy life. Molly has been a loving and loyal companion to us always. She has lost the ability to go up the stairs outside, so we have to carry her out to potty. She also has recently lost the ability to control her bowels, which I know greatly embarrasses her. I know it is time. Molly will cross the bridge tomorrow afternoon surrounded by her family knowing she is greatly loved. Please keep my girl in your thoughts.View attachment 93291This is Molly with her best buddy, my yellow lab Maggie.

I'm just now reading this and I'm so sorry Rosalie. You gave her a beautiful life. Lots of love and hugs to you. You are doing the right thing and giving her dignity in life and death. XOXOXO.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
So so sorry, she was lucky to have yall all these years as you were lucky to have her. big hugs and love sent yalls way!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.