EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Please say a prayer for my sweet girl Molly

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I just feel so torn. She is having such a hard time, and if im Honest isnt really walking right, but then she sits here looking at me and it is actually ripping my heart out. And the cherry on this crap sundae is, Madison hasn't been feeling well, she has stomach pains, I finally give in and take her to the doctor, she has an extremely high white blood count. Doc suspects her appendix is on the fritz and was sending her to the ER. I reasoned she has had pains for a week and she could probably wait till tomorrow for a cat scan. He begrudgingly agreed as long as I promused to bring her to the hospital if pain got any worse. Full disclosure: I have started drinking!
    Ugh, I'm SO sorry… everything happens at once, I'm a FIRM believer in that one. Don't beat yourself up about Madison… I'm always conflicted as to whether to rush them into the vets or wait it out. You are a wonderful caretaker for your precious babies

When Roxie was stumbling around the house, and not eating the decision was made… I was forcing water down her throat w/a syringe. I probably should of taken her in sooner, but I was just praying for a miracle that never came. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs today…

- - - Updated - - -

I just feel so torn. She is having such a hard time, and if im Honest isnt really walking right, but then she sits here looking at me and it is actually ripping my heart out. And the cherry on this crap sundae is, Madison hasn't been feeling well, she has stomach pains, I finally give in and take her to the doctor, she has an extremely high white blood count. Doc suspects her appendix is on the fritz and was sending her to the ER. I reasoned she has had pains for a week and she could probably wait till tomorrow for a cat scan. He begrudgingly agreed as long as I promused to bring her to the hospital if pain got any worse. Full disclosure: I have started drinking!
    Ugh, I'm SO sorry… everything happens at once, I'm a FIRM believer in that one. Don't beat yourself up about Madison… I'm always conflicted as to whether to rush them into the vets or wait it out. You are a wonderful caretaker for your precious babies

When Roxie was stumbling around the house, and not eating the decision was made… I was forcing water down her throat w/a syringe. I probably should of taken her in sooner, but I was just praying for a miracle that never came. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs today…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

2. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Rosalie, I'm so sorry for all you are going through! My thoughts will be with you and your family and Molly this afternoon
    I will also pray for Madison's quick healing. My heart goes out to you xo

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry for your heartbreaking situation. Thank you for giving her such a wonderful long life with a loving family.
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

5. Likes CCandMurray, Texas Carol liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I am so sad, Rosalie, for the pain you are going through. I have been there more times than I like to remember. Last year, my boxer Lily had cancer and lost bowel and bladder control and was having trouble walking on her back legs. Like Tracey, upon reflection, I may have waited too long, but rest assured that you have made the best decision for her. Take comfort in the wonderful life she had and all the joy you and Molly brought each other. Hugs!

7. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

The time has come for my sweet baby to cross the bridge. Molly is just shy of her 14th birthday. We rescued her as a puppy mill baby at 6wks. She was very sick at first but rebounded and has lived a long, happy life. Molly has been a loving and loyal companion to us always. She has lost the ability to go up the stairs outside, so we have to carry her out to potty. She also has recently lost the ability to control her bowels, which I know greatly embarrasses her. I know it is time. Molly will cross the bridge tomorrow afternoon surrounded by her family knowing she is greatly loved. Please keep my girl in your thoughts.Attachment 93291This is Molly with her best buddy, my yellow lab Maggie.
    I'm just now reading this and I'm so sorry Rosalie. You gave her a beautiful life. Lots of love and hugs to you. You are doing the right thing and giving her dignity in life and death. XOXOXO.

9. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)

So so sorry, she was lucky to have yall all these years as you were lucky to have her. big hugs and love sent yalls way!!!
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

She went very peacefully in my arms. I'm sad but I am at peace with it. She actually hugged me for 10 mins, and earlier today I had asked for a sign that I was making the right decision, and I felt her hugging me was the sign I had made the right choice. Whomever it was from up above, I thank you for that piece of mind. I thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and kind words. They gave me such comfort. All of the dogs were able to say their goodbyes to her and I think that will help them be less confused, but the house feels weird without her.
    My smooshy face boy!

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

She went very peacefully in my arms. I'm sad but I am at peace with it. She actually hugged me for 10 mins, and earlier today I had asked for a sign that I was making the right decision, and I felt her hugging me was the sign I had made the right choice. Whomever it was from up above, I thank you for that piece of mind. I thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and kind words. They gave me such comfort. All of the dogs were able to say their goodbyes to her and I think that will help them be less confused, but the house feels weird without her.

God Bless Rosalie. Glad that she sent you the sign which gave you comfort. It is sad but an inevitable fact that we have to say goodbye to our love ones. The answer to pain and heartbreak is happiness. Please open your heart soon to another soul that needs your help.
    Hug your bully today

13. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad that everything went smoothly… and I'm also glad that you were given a sign. The night before I put Roxie down, I slept on the floor with her and I had my arm wrapped around her to keep her calm. She seemed so relaxed in my arms, and it's almost like she was letting me know that even though I was conflicted about what I had to do it was going to be okay. Dogs know what's inside our hearts, probably better than we do ourselves… HUGS to you!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

15. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You are so strong, I'm so happy you got your sign and that the dogs were able to say their goodbyes to her! Peace and love to all of you, I was thinking of you this afternoon! xoxo

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

17. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Rosalie, I'm so so sorry to hear about the passing of your sweet Molly today. I know, as do many, how gut wrenching this time is when our fur babies leave. One of the greatest gifts and saddest gifts for me was the gift I was given to choose the date for my dear sweet Ace for his passing to Rainbow Bridge. It was one of the hardest life decisions I ever had to make and the time waiting until that day was so bittersweet. I had a whole week with him to hold, snuggle with, take for a driveway walk and so much more. I gave him all the angel kisses I could during that time. He too also passed at home in my legs and arms and I felt such peace for him to be free of pain. I was blessed I could have this done at home as you did. Many many hugs to you!!!!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

19. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@brutus77 I know what it takes to do the kindest thing we can do for our senior,or suffering pets. They always know when it's time,though it breaks our hearts to do the kindest thing sometimes. I know you gave her a wonderful life, and the most loving and kindest entrance to the Rainbow Bridge. I am sure she knew how much you loved her.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

21. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads