brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
The time has come for my sweet baby to cross the bridge. Molly is just shy of her 14th birthday. We rescued her as a puppy mill baby at 6wks. She was very sick at first but rebounded and has lived a long, happy life. Molly has been a loving and loyal companion to us always. She has lost the ability to go up the stairs outside, so we have to carry her out to potty. She also has recently lost the ability to control her bowels, which I know greatly embarrasses her. I know it is time. Molly will cross the bridge tomorrow afternoon surrounded by her family knowing she is greatly loved. Please keep my girl in your thoughts. 20151012_180621.jpgThis is Molly with her best buddy, my yellow lab Maggie.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh Rosalie I'm so sorry you're going through this with Maggie. My Heart goes out to you and your family. This has to be the hardest decision that pet owners have to make. I understand what you are going through, because I lost my girl Jack Russell Oreo to cancer, she was almost 14 years old. I thankfully didn't have to make the decision of when to say goodbye to her, because she went to sleep the night before and I found her in the morning, and she was gone. She crossed the bridge quietly in her sleep, and at home. She had also lost the ability to walk the stairs, and we had to carry her outside for potty breaks, she had an ulcer on her face that wouldn't heal, and she slept a lot. The vet told me it would come down to quality of life, not quantity, and that eventually I would have to make the decision of when to let her go. We decided as long as she wasn't in pain, and she could still have some quality of life, we would wait, but if she was experiencing pain, or was no longer able to enjoy her life as a dog, we would let her go. It's a heart wrenching decision, but one that we all face since we outlive our fur babies. We are blessed to have them in our life to love and to be a part of our family, they give us unconditional love and companionship, but it is an unselfish act to know when they are ready to cross the bridge and be at peace. You are a wonderful puppy mom, and you saved her life from the beginning, you gave her a long life of love and family, she knew you loved her, and she had a good long life. My thought and prayers are with you, and I know she will feel your love when you say goodbye to her. I hope she has a quiet peaceful passing. Go to the Bridge sweet girl, you were loved and you will be missed. You will take a piece of your moms heart with you, and you will leave a law print on her heart as well. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 169

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh, Rosalie, I'm so very sorry. Thank you for loving and spoiling her.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
awe no, I'm so so sorry. She lived a long happy life and will always live in your heart. Prayers for you and your family.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'm so very sorry Rosalie, she was blessed to have lived such a wonderful life, with all the love in the world. You are doing what is best for her, something that is extremely hard to do. Prayers for you and your family.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hugs to you all --- sending lots of love and hugs to you and all the family!

Molly you will be greatly missed and you gave lots of love, fun and joy to your family for a wonderful yrs. Be sure to stay away from the freckles female bulldog.... she can be a real beeotch , but if you can --- tell her Momma loves and misses her and her brother.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Oh Rosalie, I am crying for you!! What a lucky girl she was to have found you!! I am so sorry!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh Rosalie, I am so sorry.
Take comfort in knowing she's had a wonderful life with you guys.

You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow. Hugs hun.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm sad to hear it's her time. Thank you for being a great mom and giving her the spoiled rotten life. [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am so sorry to read this, what a blessed life she has had, I have no doubt! You are in my prayer's and thoughts. Much Love, Kelly

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh honey, I'm SO very very sorry… I know this pain all too much, but honestly it is the best thing we can do for our beloved pets. To end their suffering, and give them peace...

Molly had a wonderful life w/you and your family… that is everything any dog could ever want. I will be thinking of you and your family tomorrow… Love you!!! :heartsign:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
So sorry...it's the ultimate show of love and friendship to understand when life needs to move into its next phase. Strength, courage, and love to you!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.