Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
My incredibly sweet seven year old just found out this morning that "real life" potions don't exist.

My oldest and I were trying to think of anything/everything to cheer her upā€¦purchasing potion bottles at Michaels (craft store), mixing baking soda/vinegar and citric acid, watching youtube videos of "how to make a minecraft potionā€¦but it was no use. She was so crushed that she couldn't have a potion set that could make you fly, run faster, turn you invisible ect...:*(

Oh how I wish to invent a potion for the heartbroken! On a positive note, we're still going to take her to the craft store today to cheer her up and I think she may have inspired my next children's story :heart:

Not a whole lot too much worse than seeing your babies sad!!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Ahh, that sucks. Their view of the world and their dreams of things are so sweet.

OP
NewEnglandBully

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Hmm...how about maybe a magic kit?

Yes, she may be interestedā€¦I think it may be that she is starting to realize "real" potions and magic are just pretend. She's right at that age :tissue:I really don't want her to grow upā€¦she's such a sweet little girl!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, she may be interestedā€¦I think it may be that she is starting to realize "real" potions and magic are just pretend. She's right at that age :tissue:I really don't want her to grow upā€¦she's such a sweet little girl!

how was the trip to the craft store

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My mother took me to see Peter Pan, at Radio City music Hall, when I was a child. I never wanted to grow up, and I still don't. You have to grow old, but you don't have to grow up. But I still can't fly.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My mother took me to see Peter Pan, at Radio City music Hall, when I was a child. I never wanted to grow up, and I still don't. You have to grow old, but you don't have to grow up. But I still can't fly.

Peter Pan is one of all time favorite Disney moviesā€¦ I STILL watch it, and it's my fav ride at Disney!!!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hate when they start to realize that some things they believe in are make believe. When my daughter discovered Santa, the tooth fairy, Easter bunny and all the others weren't real, she told me her whole life was a lie and I had ruined her life. I still feel bad for how upset she got.

OP
NewEnglandBully

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
how was the trip to the craft store

Success! This was definitely a cheerer-upper!

IMG_9620.JPGIMG_9617.JPGIMG_9619.JPG

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awesome! Thanks for the update. :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online