Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I heard a story on the radio today while driving to work and I wanted to share it with you...

I think it took place in Washington DC (but I could have that wrong).

There's a school bus that drives by a certain house every day that has a little old lady sitting, waiting for the school bus to go by just to wave at all the children…the children always look forward to this and even called it "Grandma's house". All the children wave out the window and she sits in her window watching and waving back.

One day, the bus drove by and the sweet, little old lady wasn't in the window waving…next day same thing. The children got nervous and asked the bus driver what happened to her. The bus driver went to her door with flowers (I am guessing after the children were all dropped off) and the woman's husband informed the bus driver that the woman had a stroke and was in a rehabilitation center.

Well, when the news got back to the children, the bus driver took a picture of all the kids on the bus, printed it and had each and every one of them sign it. He delivered it to the woman and next day when the bus drove by the house, the woman's husband wrote a giant "THANK YOU" in the window for all the children to see.

She was home a few days later and healing well.

I couldn't help but tear up upon hearing this story and just wanted to write about it and share. There is a lot of love and good in the world! :havemyheart:

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
Awe :) Look at this world, there are still some good stuff out there

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
That is a beautiful story. Thankyou for sharing this. [emoji813]

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
I saw something similar a few weeks back on tv where an older woman would stand on the porch and wave at a school bus as it went by and all the children would wave back. It showed the bus going by one morning and all the children yelled "Happy Birthday" to the woman, because is was her birthday. That was a beautiful story too. I loved both of these, thank you for sharing.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Love that story! Also got me teary eyed.[emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions