Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Crock Pot Italian Beef

  1. #1
    ..........
    Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Crock Pot Italian Beef

    Crockpot Italian beef

    jar peperoncinis
    1 bottle beer whatever kind you like.
    1 roast (whatever you want, I use chuck usually)
    1 pkg Italian dressing mix
    2 onions cut into slices
    In a large crockpot, combine the juice from the peperoncinis with the beer and mix in the dry italian dressing. Put the roasts in the crockpot, and add the onions and peperoncini over the top. The meat should be mostly covered by liquid at the beginning of cooking and will cook down to be fully covered as you shred it apart.

    Turn the pot on high for the first hour or so then down to low. After about 12 hours the meat will be getting tender enough to flake apart with forks or tongs. Occasionally pull it apart at any time during the cooking process until it's well shredded.
    Cook in crock pot for at least 24 hours.

    Serve on hoagie rolls with provolone cheese on it.



    While you are more than welcome to post recipes here on English Bulldog News, we would also like to invite you to our newly created forum just for recipe sharing! Inspired by the popularity of our recipe swap here at English Bulldog News. Click the link below!

    http://tastetestedrecipes.com/
    Last edited by bullmama; 02-21-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added the beer part.

  2. #2
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bulldog family's Avatar
    Posts
    1,264
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Yummy slow cooker / crock pot recipes

    @LariP How much beer do you use and what kind?
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

  3. #3
    ..........
    Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Yummy slow cooker / crock pot recipes

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog family View Post
    @LariP How much beer do you use and what kind?
    @bulldog family

    Just a bottle of beer and whatever kind you like. I've usually used Millers because that's what Bruce's son had in the house. Neither of us drink beer.

  4. #4
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Chunksmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Turi
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,785
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Yummy slow cooker / crock pot recipes

    Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    Crockpot Italian beef

    jar peperoncinis
    1 bottle beer whatever kind you like.
    1 roast (whatever you want, I use chuck usually)
    1 pkg Italian dressing mix
    2 onions cut into slices
    In a large crockpot, combine the juice from the peperoncinis with the beer and mix in the dry italian dressing. Put the roasts in the crockpot, and add the onions and peperoncini over the top. The meat should be mostly covered by liquid at the beginning of cooking and will cook down to be fully covered as you shred it apart.

    Turn the pot on high for the first hour or so then down to low. After about 12 hours the meat will be getting tender enough to flake apart with forks or tongs. Occasionally pull it apart at any time during the cooking process until it's well shredded.
    Cook in crock pot for at least 24 hours.

    Serve on hoagie rolls with provolone cheese on it.
    This sounds really yummy and gives me a use for the beer that's been sitting in my fridge! (We don't drink it but bbq often in the summer, so friends are often leaving their beer here.) I'm not familiar with the "peperoncinis". Where would I find them in the grocery store? You mention 1/2 jar - do they only come in one size?
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

    Live Genuinely


  5. #5
    ..........
    Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Yummy slow cooker / crock pot recipes

    Look in the pickle section of the store. They look like a banana pepper, they are spicy (Italian spicy) they do Come in different sizes but the half jar was how the recipe was given to me and unfortunately i don't have a jar in the house right now to give you the size i have used. So gauge how much you put in by how spicy you like things.

  6. #6
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Chunksmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Turi
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,785
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Yummy slow cooker / crock pot recipes

    Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    Look in the pickle section of the store. They look like a banana pepper, they are spicy (Italian spicy) they do Come in different sizes but the half jar was how the recipe was given to me and unfortunately i don't have a jar in the house right now to give you the size i have used. So gauge how much you put in by how spicy you like things.
    Perfect! Thanks so much! That info helps a lot! Excited for a new recipe!
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

    Live Genuinely


  7. #7
    Newbie Soon2bBullyMom's Avatar
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    22
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rex
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Crock Pot Italian Beef

    We are having this for dinner tonight!

  8. #8
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    savemejeebus's Avatar
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    6,208
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    230
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Crock Pot Italian Beef

    @LariP - How big of a roast does it need?

    Thanks for the recipe, looks so easy!

  9. #9
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Crock Pot Italian Beef

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2bBullyMom View Post
    We are having this for dinner tonight!
    What time should we be there??????

  10. #10
    ..........
    Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Crock Pot Italian Beef

    Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    @LariP - How big of a roast does it need?Thanks for the recipe, looks so easy!
    Any size that will fit in your crock pot. I think I generally use about 4 or 5 lb roasts.

  11. #11
    Newbie Soon2bBullyMom's Avatar
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    22
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rex
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Crock Pot Italian Beef

    This was FANTASTIC!!!!! Everyone had 2nds!

    THANKS

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •