Crock Pot Italian Beef

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Crockpot Italian beef

½ jar peperoncinis
1 bottle beer whatever kind you like.
1 roast (whatever you want, I use chuck usually)
1 pkg Italian dressing mix
2 onions cut into slices
In a large crockpot, combine the juice from the peperoncinis with the beer and mix in the dry italian dressing. Put the roasts in the crockpot, and add the onions and peperoncini over the top. The meat should be mostly covered by liquid at the beginning of cooking and will cook down to be fully covered as you shred it apart.

Turn the pot on high for the first hour or so then down to low. After about 12 hours the meat will be getting tender enough to flake apart with forks or tongs. Occasionally pull it apart at any time during the cooking process until it's well shredded.
Cook in crock pot for at least 24 hours.

Serve on hoagie rolls with provolone cheese on it.

While you are more than welcome to post recipes here on English Bulldog News, we would also like to invite you to our newly created forum just for recipe sharing! Inspired by the popularity of our recipe swap here at English Bulldog News. Click the link below!

http://tastetestedrecipes.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Re: Yummy slow cooker / crock pot recipes

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] How much beer do you use and what kind?

OP
L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] How much beer do you use and what kind?

[MENTION=1046]bulldog family[/MENTION]

Just a bottle of beer and whatever kind you like. I've usually used Millers because that's what Bruce's son had in the house. Neither of us drink beer.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee

Crockpot Italian beef

½ jar peperoncinis
1 bottle beer whatever kind you like.
1 roast (whatever you want, I use chuck usually)
1 pkg Italian dressing mix
2 onions cut into slices
In a large crockpot, combine the juice from the peperoncinis with the beer and mix in the dry italian dressing. Put the roasts in the crockpot, and add the onions and peperoncini over the top. The meat should be mostly covered by liquid at the beginning of cooking and will cook down to be fully covered as you shred it apart.

Turn the pot on high for the first hour or so then down to low. After about 12 hours the meat will be getting tender enough to flake apart with forks or tongs. Occasionally pull it apart at any time during the cooking process until it's well shredded.
Cook in crock pot for at least 24 hours.

Serve on hoagie rolls with provolone cheese on it.

This sounds really yummy and gives me a use for the beer that's been sitting in my fridge! (We don't drink it but bbq often in the summer, so friends are often leaving their beer here.) I'm not familiar with the "peperoncinis". Where would I find them in the grocery store? You mention 1/2 jar - do they only come in one size?

OP
L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Look in the pickle section of the store. They look like a banana pepper, they are spicy (Italian spicy) they do Come in different sizes but the half jar was how the recipe was given to me and unfortunately i don't have a jar in the house right now to give you the size i have used. So gauge how much you put in by how spicy you like things.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee

Look in the pickle section of the store. They look like a banana pepper, they are spicy (Italian spicy) they do Come in different sizes but the half jar was how the recipe was given to me and unfortunately i don't have a jar in the house right now to give you the size i have used. So gauge how much you put in by how spicy you like things.

Perfect! Thanks so much! That info helps a lot! Excited for a new recipe!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] - How big of a roast does it need?

Thanks for the recipe, looks so easy!

OP
L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] - How big of a roast does it need?Thanks for the recipe, looks so easy!
Any size that will fit in your crock pot. I think I generally use about 4 or 5 lb roasts.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.