Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Police are investigating at this point
A gentleman was up on thanksgiving weekend for the traditional close the cottage weekend with a friend and his two puppy,s
I know from personal experience that is a busy time putting stuff away pulling the water pump and water lines ect ect
Seems the dogs were playing on the front lawn as the owner and friend were pulling the water lines out of the lake and just disappeared , He stopped everything right away and started searching for the pup,s. I am not positive on the breed of the pups but they do look like Possible American bulldog breed as I received a flyer here at the house from the owner knowing I had dogs and that maybe his pups might gravitate to our house as our dogs bark and play outside a lot ( the gentleman lives app 2 miles away road wise or less by going strait thru the bush ) The Prettyone and I did the drive on the trails with the 4 wheel drive that almost surround our houses as he did not have that type of Eq but found and heard nothing unfortunately, Dogs do not last long here in the bush there are a lot of predators here .
I was in town a couple days later at our pet store and inquired as to had they been found, seems he put flyers up everywhere , contacted all rescues in the area , was offering a reward for the dogs if found ect ect , He got a call form someone that said he knew where the dogs were if he gave him $500.00 he would supply the directions , Note i guess should be mentioned here by Me if you are a stupid enough person to steal someones family do not use a land line that will give you number away when you use it too Blackmail those owners . The owner called police with the phone number and they are investigating !
I will try and let you know the end of the story
Bulldogs are a valuable animal and treasured by people that do not have one but might want one , including ourselves that so love ours , be aware of where they are in your yard at all times or on your property , as this happened a couple of miles away or less I will change things up here as too where ALL my guys are at all times .

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I hope the pups are found safe and returned home soon. It's sad how you can't trust anyone anymore, and you aren't even safe to leave your dogs outside on your own property. I'm always paranoid that someone may take my guys, since EBs are so popular, and they are so friendly that they would go home with anyone, especially if they had a treat. I never leave them in the car, or outside by themselves, even for a minute, and when we go to the store, one of us goes in, and then we switch, we don't tie them up outside by themselves ever.

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Aww I hope the pups are found safe and returned home soon. It's sad how you can't trust anyone anymore, and you aren't even safe to leave your dogs outside on your own property. I'm always paranoid that someone may take my guys, since EBs are so popular, and they are so friendly that they would go home with anyone, especially if they had a treat. I never leave them in the car, or outside by themselves, even for a minute, and when we go to the store, one of us goes in, and then we switch, we don't tie them up outside by themselves ever.

From what I understand the dogs were by police returned to the owner, as far as charges ect ect i do not know anything on that yet maybe by end of week something will be released by the police not sure .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
From what I understand the dogs were by police returned to the owner, as far as charges ect ect i do not know anything on that yet maybe by end of week something will be released by the police not sure .

good to hear they were found and returned!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thank god they were returned. I never let my boys out of the backyard unless they are leashed and by my side. I have 6ft double thick stockade fencing around the entire backyard. If someone tried to take my babies, they would have to pry them out of my cold dead hands.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I worry all the time that someone might take mine. Sophie would go with anyone, but Tucker is leery of new people, especially some men. I take them to work with me at the nursing home, but I keep them in my office most of the time. I don't think anyone would steal them from work. This is a small town, and people who come in are pretty nice.

I'm glad this man's dogs were found. I would like to impart my own justice on a POS like the thief!

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Ya well i leave the gun cabinet key now much closer then i ever did to the cabinet it was always in the safe here , speaking of cold dead hands .
To me it is bad enough understanding that there are predators in the bush line I get that , we have eagles here and with Rosie,s size right now she is food I get that , call Me a northern red neck from the city this is crazy stuff to do up here , the farmers will and have killed dogs chasing there cattle sheep ect ect , God help the idiot comes to My place and grabs My family for cash , sorry this really Peed Me off unheard of up here

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel and Bentley are supervised outside at all times because we have to make sure they don't eat anything they are not suppose to etc. When they are outside, it gives me a chance to have a cigar which helps with the odiferous evacuations JJ and BJ might have while outside. Now that it is cooler, we are spending more time outside.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.