hmmm power out high winds on generator see how long the back up battery lasts lol

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Well winter must Be Here , we have had higher winds today , this time is always the worst as the trees get older and then the fall too winter winds come and over they go onto the lines .
We have a all house Brigs and Straton 17 kw propane generator here and it loves propane but what ya gonna do eh lol
The puter runs on a surge protected battery back up, surges are a huge issue up here we get a lot of that problem , they fry everything plugged in , even with like us a all house surge protection and surge protection power bars ect ect depends on how many times the tree bounces on the lines before it starts on fire and falls away , which starts all sorts of other issues fire wise in the tree lines . figures it is our election night -day here that should make things interesting and bring a point forward as the northerners seem to be forgotten until someone needs to get elected lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
uh-oh ..... how are you making out?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sending prayers, Nat, that your power is restored, asap
and you & your neighbors are all okay!

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
were still out , generator is doing its job keeping batteries charged and satellite dishes working , i am seeing on TV our election unfold that is very cool, very important to Me . got the fires goin so were warm and the furnace is on so all good , and .......... Rosie is shhhhhh asleep so i can see the election unfold ha ha ha

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Sending prayers, Nat, that your power is restored, asap
and you & your neighbors are all okay!

I have a long time ago told all my neighbors that we have this generator and if they need Anything water , toilet food whatever they are welcome at My home no matter the time , were able to keep there drugs cold ( insulin and such ) or whatever they need , there is a lodge across from us and they have limited means to keep all there toilets working for there guests and or water for drinking ( not so much this time of year mostly hunters at this time of year ) but we have helped them out in the past , wonderful people , we all depend on each other up here so all good . TY Carol love ya M8

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Power back sometime in the night finally , I fell asleep with 5 dogs on the bed lol well once i tired out Rosie that is lol

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
So glad your power is back on, Nat @Natski! A couple of years ago, we had an ice/snow storm and our power was out for 4 days. No heat (except for fireplace), no computers or tv or lights or cooking anything (even though I'd stocked up for the storm) no coffee even. It was like the most miserable 4 days ever! We stayed in bed with the dog a lot. I would have given my right arm for a generator--glad you have one. It was so cold that I had trouble holding a flashlight to read with. The first thing I bought after that was a Kindle with a built in light! Finally, guys from the Arkansas Power Co. came and restored power. You at least can keep really warm with 5 dogs in bed with you!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online