Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If only I could!

Remember how Bryce self taught himself the alphabet? He is two years old. Well, I have word cards that I made for Carson to start 1st grade to learn to read. I was organizing the office yesterday, and saw the stack. Hmmm.... I thought to myself. So I sat down with Bryce, and chose 8 very different looking words, but words he knows. We went over them for about 5 minutes and he had them all down in 5 minutes flat!

Why do I want to kick myself? Well, about 2 years ago I ordered "your baby can read". I shelved it.... and never worked with him with it. Could have something to do with a certain forum addiction.... not saying which.... :whistle:

So I sold it on Ebay about 2 months ago. I could really use it now!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Desertskybulldogs= dumb*** :yes::yes::yes::down::down::down:

I am going to make a video today to impress the pants off of all of you! My toddler is a boy genius!!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That is so wonderful. Keep him going, he is ready to absorb all kinds of information right now.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is so wonderful. Keep him going, he is ready to absorb all kinds of information right now.

The key to it is that he ENJOYS it. It is like a game to him. He loves numbers and letters. He is also the only child I have ever had to master the tupperware shape ball at age 1. But with his OCD behavior comes a price, it all must be done his way- if you say the letter out of sequence you have to start from the beginning....wonder where he gets this type of behavior from? :whistle:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow! You DO have a smart boy there! I have the baby can read videos and Sierra only liked 1 of them, the others had songs that made her cry. haha My kid is musically creative I think and I swear is so picky with music sometimes it cracks me up. Havent tried them in a while now, maybe I should put them on again, I am sure she wont cry at the songs so much now.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Can't do it- it is very expensive. :(

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay here is a video. Please excuse my annoying voice!!! And just listen to Bryce's cute voice!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I LOVE it! He is so smart! How did you teach him the alphabet? Sierra knows her colors and shapes for the most part but we havent really gotten to written letters or numbers yet.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He taught himself the alphabet with toys!! He can also count to 10 and he recognizes numbers. I am so very proud!!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Wow!!! He's soooo smart. That is AMAZING! I don't think you need that "Your Baby Can Read", he certainly has enough interest on his own that he can learn with you!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
. But with his OCD behavior comes a price, it all must be done his way- if you say the letter out of sequence you have to start from the beginning....wonder where he gets this type of behavior from? :whistle:

I have absolutely no idea ....... :p :whistle: :crazy:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.