Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
[h=2]Warning about Mushrooms[/h]
https://www.facebook.com/MunstersFan...26167544154672

This is so sad, Dwayne the Rock Johnston lost his beloved French Bulldog Brutus due to him eating toxic mushrooms in the backyard. It destroyed his liver and immune system.

Just a reminder to check your yard and areas where your dogs walk or play for mushrooms.
RIP sweet Brutus.​

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Just the other day brian and i were walking in our yard and there were mushrooms. We stomped them out and threw them over the fence since Brutus eats everything.
Those frenchies of his were so cute. Earlier this summer when he first got them, i read an article that one of them almost drowned :(

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I also have mushrooms in the front yard... My two ignore them. They should be gone in a month or so when it gets colder.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION], thank you for the reminder. We must be vigilant about keeping our babies safe. It really is scary how something so simple can kill a dog. I would be devastated.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ours ignore them too, this is tragic because these big movie stars buy them because everyone else is to be cool. If you have such a fragile puppy KEEP YOUR EYE ON IT!! Sad sad outcome.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... isn't he just a puppy? He has had Frenchie for a long time, I think even a bulldog before.....

We have mushrooms all over the yard at certain times, nd I am obssive about finding them aand pulling them out. Both of ours eat some much grass, i am afraid they will get one by mistake and I go on mushroom hunts while out and pull them all

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We have mushrooms in the yard, and I have NEVER seen Wally eat them but I would never take that chance. I pull them every single day…

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Our have eaten some before when we turned our back for a split second and were pretty sick with vomiting and diarrhea.I'm now obsessed with finding everyone in the yard and destroying them.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Ours ignore them too, this is tragic because these big movie stars buy them because everyone else is to be cool. If you have such a fragile puppy KEEP YOUR EYE ON IT!! Sad sad outcome.

yup, sad. They get them and let them free roam the back without supervision. You will hear in the news that It is either poisoning or a coyote end up snatching the pup from the yard. You would not let your toddler in the back by himself :no:

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Warning about Mushrooms

https://www.facebook.com/MunstersFan...26167544154672

This is so sad, Dwayne the Rock Johnston lost his beloved French Bulldog Brutus due to him eating toxic mushrooms in the backyard. It destroyed his liver and immune system.

Just a reminder to check your yard and areas where your dogs walk or play for mushrooms.
RIP sweet Brutus.​
I saw that post on fb...Devastating! I felt so bad - and scared because I knew they were potentially poisonous, but it happened so fast, the vets could not intervene and save the little guy. :tissue:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.