Anyone have tips on networking?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So I'm going to try and network for the first time this Saturday. It's a young entrepreneur / small business session. I'm the shy type, but understand that it's something that needs to be done. And I've always wanted to learn how or at least be comfortable in one.

Anyone have any tips? It can be a simple one as I'm all ears! I've always relished on other peoples experiences.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm usually antisocial unless I'm required to turn the charm on.

The easiest way to do it is introduce yourself, then ask them about themselves and keep asking. Just focus on them. People love to talk all about themselves including what they do.
It sounds like a cliche but it's so true. The more you focus on them, the more they'll remember you. Crazy but true.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I have to network to be successful at my job. The best way to start a conversation is to have a good ice breaker. Since this is an entrepreneur/small biz networking event, the best way to start a convo is ask question about their business - often I look at the business name located on the name tag - "So what's [name of business] all about?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Have conviction on what you say.
Always back yourself and everything ll turn out peachy