Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Since Adam Sandler loves bulldogs as much as us :up: I thought I would tell you that we are on an Adam Sandler movie spree.

We watched Grown Ups earlier this week, and it was pretty good! so we added a bunch of his old movies on our netflix, so Noah and Carson (who also loved Grown Ups) could see.

My concern is that some of them are rated R. I don't really care about swear words (we don't swear in our home at all- so it is considered uncool) but do you remember if any of the older movies have sexual situations in them? With the exception of Click (where the bulldog humps everything, and other scenes) I can't think of any.

Waterboy is on right now! See you later!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
the Wedding Singer....doesn't have sex scenes, but there is a scene where a girl gets out of his bed, so you can tell they were sleeping together. 50 First dates is fine as well. Big Daddy, I don't remember any in that either....just mentions of Hooters and boobs. Spanglish is okay also, That is one of Terri's favs. Wow, I don't remember any of his movies having sexual scenes. I love his movies. Most of the same actors are in them. I enjoy him so much more than Jim Carrey.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Billy Madison was cute..but maybe the wrong type of image to send the kids.
Happy Gilmore was decent....but my least favorite of his.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I remember I loved little nicki- probably because there's a bulldog in it- that's the one I am questioning. I think it was full of swear words and sexual stuff.... But I just can't remember!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Didn't it revolve around H-E double hockey sticks? I changed my mind. That was my least favorite of his movies.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
I didn't see the "Devil" one. I think The wedding singer and 50 first dates are tied for my favorites. But then again, I love the duo of Adam and Drew.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
TOTALLY off the subject!! We watched the old movie Grumpier Old Men, with Walther Matthua and Jack Lemon, the other night, where Walter goes to the pound and gets an EB to make Jack Lemon mad. The bully was always having gas, when Jack Lemon yelled at Walter for his dog stinking and said WHAT do you feed that thing??? Walter said HORMEL CHILI, I had to crack up at that! In the end when Walter marries Sopia Loren the bully is in the Limo with them after they got married. Too cute!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
I haven't seen that movie in forever. Both 1 and 2 were hysterical and now that I am older, I would probably enjoy it even more.

L

Lucy-licious

Little nicky is very funny but a little rude...one of the minions has boobs on its head :eek:

Bedtime stories is very funny, my fave is also 50 1st dates, with happy gilmore a close second...but a lot of swearing in that one.
On saying that all his films a funny so you can always watch them when the kids are in bed then watch again if you think they are suitable. :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I like most of the Adam Sandler movies .. I agree .. watch them at night and rate them to see if they are suitablE!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
OMG [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I am watching Grumpier Old Men right now!!!! I have seen it many times in the past but I didn't remember the bully. He is a VERY good looking boy!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
The only movie he made that I didnt care for was little nicky. [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] you didnt like Happy Gilmore?!?!?!?! That has to be one of the best movies ever. Too funny!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
OMG I LOOOOOVE Adam Sandler!!! Billy Madison was my all time fav! "I Now Pronounce You Chunk & Larry" is good but there's a part where he touches the girl's boobs (your kids are young right?), Mr Deeds is another super funny one - it's rated PG-13, I think mostly for language. Enjoy your AS movies! We sure do at my house!!!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]
I liked it..it's just not one that I'd watch over and over. He's has so many good ones....but I do think Little Nicky is my least favorite. Billy Madison was ok.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online