Moving to Florida!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Sooooo......I've hinted at it, but now it's officially happening! We're packing up and trading our nation's capital for the land of sunshine and palm trees!!! It was a quick decision, but sometimes you have to just go for it!

After the last year in my apartment (AC broke, then the pipes froze, then the RAT problem) I was looking to buy a house and realized just never found the perfect place. I got a few job leads in Florida and my job in DC said I can take a sabbatical so I can come back after the holidays if I change my mind.....sooooo here we go!

Moving truck reserved. Keith is going to drive our SUV with Regina and I'm going to drive the moving truck with Ruckus (one of us has a record of running into things with moving trucks....one of us doesn't....haha). We're moving in with my best friend who lives in Tampa at first, so it's going to be a bit of a madhouse. She has two kids and two dogs and a gorgeous house with a guest suite. See ya never winter, beach here we come!

Ruckus and Regina will have two awesome playmates -- Ginger and Chloe. They are refined older ladies, but I've known both dogs since they were tiny puppies and they're the sweetest. The giant Rottie will try to sit on your lap.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442957766.461607.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Awesome, sounds like a great adventure, and definitely a cultural and climate change. The bullies will do fine, just remember the heat in Florida is hot, and they can't be out more than a few minutes when it's hot. [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] can tell you all about living in Florida with bullies. Have a safe and fun trip.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
:congrats2:
That's so exciting! Now you can really let your neighbor have it, then jump in the moving truck and take his dog w/you :evilhaha:

Best of luck w/the move!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You sound so happy. What a great new chapter. I know you're originally from Fl and I don't think there's anything better than going home!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
CONGRATS!!! Best of luck, very happy for you all. Keep us posted and safe travels

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
How exciting!!!!
I so often wish that we could just pick up and GO. Florida, Georgia, northern CA, and I'd love to have a (at least) temporary move to Wyoming.....

Congrats, and best of luck on an easy move!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
CONGRATS to you… I know you won't miss the DC traffic!!! Safe travels and we wish you all the best…

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Best of luck with your move. We will be jealous-all who have to put up with winter! Ruckus can help you with the driving,too!(at least make suggestions!)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Congrats! Safe travels, Winslow will be a great co-pilot! DC to FLA isn't too bad of a trip, it will be fun!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online