Moving to Florida!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow how great! I hope you have a safe fun trip, I bet R&R will love their new friends down there! Congratulations :2thumbs:

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Good luck lady! I'm totally jealous that you will be getting out of here before winter hits!! We have one more year in the DMV before stu gets new orders :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I will be telling Jewel and Bentley that Ruckus is moving. Jewel will be in shock as she will miss the big guy and Bentley, well, he will just want to play some football.

Have a safe trip and don't let Ruckus have the steering wheel, you know how he likes to try and drive to hunt for chicks and suck face. :yes:

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Good luck lady! I'm totally jealous that you will be getting out of here before winter hits!! We have one more year in the DMV before stu gets new orders :)

I hear MacDill is quite nice this time of year!!! You guys are Air Force right? [emoji3]

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
You sound so happy. What a great new chapter. I know you're originally from Fl and I don't think there's anything better than going home!!

I really am so happy! I get bouts of nervousness because it's a huge move, but I can't wait to get settled!

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Thanks for all the nice words, everyone! I'll post some roadtrip pictures from our caravan down!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I hear MacDill is quite nice this time of year!!! You guys are Air Force right? [emoji3]

Nope - Army. However looking back stu would have joined the Air Force had he known then what he knows now:) too late to change now with 14 years in.

When is the big move??

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Nope - Army. However looking back stu would have joined the Air Force had he known then what he knows now:) too late to change now with 14 years in.

When is the big move??

We're leaving exactly one week from today. To say that we still have some packing to do is an understatement....

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
We're leaving exactly one week from today. To say that we still have some packing to do is an understatement....

Wow that is a tight turnaround time!! When we moved here from LA even though we had movers I was still packing until the second we left. Are you going to try to do the drive in one day or break it into two days?

My suggestion with the dogs is to stop at a state park or something like that along the way for some exercise half way through the drive. It will help them settle in better in the evening and not want to romp around. We made the mistake of not doing this one day during our cross country trip and these pups were off the wall when we got to the hotel.

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Wow that is a tight turnaround time!! When we moved here from LA even though we had movers I was still packing until the second we left. Are you going to try to do the drive in one day or break it into two days?

My suggestion with the dogs is to stop at a state park or something like that along the way for some exercise half way through the drive. It will help them settle in better in the evening and not want to romp around. We made the mistake of not doing this one day during our cross country trip and these pups were off the wall when we got to the hotel.

We toyed around with doing it in one day, but with Regina still needing frequent bathroom breaks, I think we're sitting it up. I'm a little worried about spending the night somewhere with a moving truck, but I guess we'll just lock it.

That's a good idea to stop and let the dogs romp around. There isn't much heading straight down 95, but I'll have to find something. Ruckus is a good traveler, he'll sleep mostly the entire way, but I can see that leading to super hyped pups at the hotel.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
We toyed around with doing it in one day, but with Regina still needing frequent bathroom breaks, I think we're sitting it up. I'm a little worried about spending the night somewhere with a moving truck, but I guess we'll just lock it.

That's a good idea to stop and let the dogs romp around. There isn't much heading straight down 95, but I'll have to find something. Ruckus is a good traveler, he'll sleep mostly the entire way, but I can see that leading to super hyped pups at the hotel.

When we traveled from Philly to LA, we had to move ourselves and had a full moving truck + hauled stu's lotus. We called the hotel ahead of time to make sure that we could bring a trailer in and they parking lot would be secured. It wasn't too bad :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.