My day today

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So jealous. Looks like it turned out delicious.
I love Kobe beef.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
So jealous. Looks like it turned out delicious.
I love Kobe beef.

We buy it every chance we get. The flavor is top notch if prepared correctly. About an hour south of me there is a Kobe/Wagyu ranch that has a butcher shop that we get ours from.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We buy it every chance we get. The flavor is top notch if prepared correctly. About an hour south of me there is a Kobe/Wagyu ranch that has a butcher shop that we get ours from.

I must have the name of this shop please. LOL Is it Meat Masters?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

There's a few places here that sell it too but I don't trust myself to prepare it correctly. I'd probably over cook it. Nothing worse that over done beef!

I generally get it at a couple of Japanese places or, there's a steak house called "Old Homestead". It's the only steakhouse I'd waste my time getting a burger in.
Theirs is HUGE and made from Kobe beef. It's to die for, seriously.
We used to make make reservations for lunch every New Years day. That burger was perfect for a holiday hangover..lol..

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I must have the name of this shop please. LOL Is it Meat Masters?

Nope. It is Texas T Kobe down in Orchard. They also hit a lot of the neighborhood farmers markets and such around town but for briskets you have to go to their shop.

There's a few places here that sell it too but I don't trust myself to prepare it correctly. I'd probably over cook it. Nothing worse that over done beef!

I generally get it at a couple of Japanese places or, there's a steak house called "Old Homestead". It's the only steakhouse I'd waste my time getting a burger in.
Theirs is HUGE and made from Kobe beef. It's to die for, seriously.
We used to make make reservations for lunch every New Years day. That burger was perfect for a holiday hangover..lol..

I have heard of that place. I think I saw it on a food show or something. Don't they also serve thinly sliced Kobe on a hot lava rock or something like that?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I have heard of that place. I think I saw it on a food show or something. Don't they also serve thinly sliced Kobe on a hot lava rock or something like that?

I don't believe Old Homestead does the hot rock. They're pretty much a traditional steakhouse.
There's a Japanese butcher here with a small restaurant in the back that may do the hot rock, not sure. They specializes in domestic wagyu beef. I haven't tried them but I've heard it's pure bliss..lol..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.