Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Can you remember where you were and what you were doing on September 11th 2011?
I don't think anyone will ever forget. It forever changed our world.

Let's take a moment today to remember and pray for those who lost their life, and for their families who were left behind, may they RIP, Also for the firefighters, police and rescue people who spent countless hours, days and months to rescue people, and clean up the debris. They will never forget, but I hope they find peace. We will never forget.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 120

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Dog's Best Day
[h=1]Last Known Living 9/11 Search & Rescue Dog Honored With Dream Day[/h] 252.4K SHARES

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BretagneDogsBestDayFeatured2-618x369.jpg

[h=2] Laura Hartle [/h] 1 day ago

Meet Bretagne: the last known living search and rescue dog who worked at Ground Zero.
bretagne1.jpg

Source: Texas Task Force 1
As members of Texas Task Force 1, Bretagne and her mom/handler Denise Corliss had an intense first deployment. They joined nearly 100 other search and rescue dogs to find and save people trapped in the rubble of the World Trade Center after 9/11. They’ve had an unshakable bond ever since.
bretagneanddenise.jpg

Source: Texas Task Force 1
After hearing Bretagne’s story and learning that her 16th birthday was coming up, there was no question in our minds that she deserved a Dog’s Best Day for the ages.
birthday-portrait.jpg

Source: Image via BarkPost
To celebrate her birthday and thank her for her incredible service, we were honored to team up with the dog-lovers at 1 Hotels to bring this New York City hero and her mom back to the city for the ultimate Dog’s Best Day.
A big thanks to our pals at 1 Hotel Central Park for helping us make this day possible and giving Bretagne luxe dog-friendly accommodations, Film Cars for making sure she rode around in style, Select A Sign for putting her name in lights and Roundabout Theatre Company for making sure she had the best seat in the house to see it, Bubba Rose Biscuit Company and District Dog for making sure she had a truly sweet Sweet 16 birthday cake, and Hudson River Park for bestowing the Bone of the Dog Park. We couldn’t have celebrated our guest of honor without you.
To Bretagne and all of the working dogs who give so selflessly to help humans around the world, thank you.

Featured Image via Texas Task Force 1 Topics: dog's best day search and rescue

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I can, and I will never forget and I'm not an american.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I can, and I will never forget and I'm not an american.
I think everyone was an American that day...well, with the exception of some bad BAD people!
The way people united after that horrid attack was one of the most amazing experiences!!! God Bless America<3

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I remeber Exactly what I was doing and where I was. We were frantically trying to reach Gary's cousin who's husband worked for Cantor Fitzgerald on the 114th floor of the North Tower. He perished in the attacks. His memorial service was one of the most horriffic things we have ever been through. This is such an emotional day for me, even 14yrs later. I really don't think it will ever get easier honestly. I worked in the Emergency Room at StonyBrook at the time and we had a few first responders who lived on the Island come in for treatment and I just remember talking with them crying and crying and thanking them for all they did. Now I work for Workers Compensation, and I see case after case of the people who survived dying horrible deaths from every kind of cancer you can imagine. In my opinion, the attack on america is ongoing with each subsequent death.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@nycbullymama were you in NY when this happened??

Yes, but we were in Los Angeles when it happened.

I hate talking about 9/11. I just can't..

We live across the street from the twin towers. Was downstairs for a bit walking the dogs. Police and street closures everywhere. Everyone's feeling melancholy, everything's quieter than usual.
Most of the tourists are gone, kids are in school and everyone else at work. City feels desolate, just a somber day.

- - - Updated - - -

I remeber Exactly what I was doing and where I was. We were frantically trying to reach Gary's cousin who's husband worked for Cantor Fitzgerald on the 114th floor of the North Tower. He perished in the attacks. His memorial service was one of the most horriffic things we have ever been through. This is such an emotional day for me, even 14yrs later. I really don't think it will ever get easier honestly. I worked in the Emergency Room at StonyBrook at the time and we had a few first responders who lived on the Island come in for treatment and I just remember talking with them crying and crying and thanking them for all they did. Now I work for Workers Compensation, and I see case after case of the people who survived dying horrible deaths from every kind of cancer you can imagine. In my opinion, the attack on america is ongoing with each subsequent death.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Rosalie. I know how you feel.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

We live across the street from the twin towers. Was downstairs for a bit walking the dogs. Police and street closures everywhere. Everyone's feeling melancholy, everything's quieter than usual.
Most of the tourists are gone, kids are in school and everyone else at work. City feels desolate, just a somber day.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Ellie, it's amazing how after all this time, each year still feels like the first one. I hate talking about it too, after it happened, wherever we traveled, as soon as people found out we were from NY they always asked questions. It drove me nuts. We were in New Orleans this past March, and we did a tour of the city and the guide said the Lower 9th Ward was offically closed to non-residents because they got tired of the gawkers viewing their tragedy. I can totally understand that feeling.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

- - - Updated - - -

I know the feeling, I was there but upstate when it happened. Everyone always asks me about it, I choose not to talk about it. Its just one of those things that you still feel was a nightmare, and didn't really happen. At least for me it does. I will never forget it, I think it's become part of me because we felt so insecure and on edge, then seeing the destruction first hand, no words.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I am so sorry [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] for your loss (losses) and [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] for mentioning a touchy subject, no intentions of causing painful reminiscings.... It was a very emotional, can't put into words experience. I cry every year on this day. Almost everyone I know, knew or was related to a victim of the tragedy. I am truly sorry for bringing up a touchy issue...much respectful love and apologies

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am so sorry @brutus77 for your loss (losses) and @nycbullymama for mentioning a touchy subject, no intentions of causing painful reminiscings.... It was a very emotional, can't put into words experience. I cry every year on this day. Almost everyone I know, knew or was related to a victim of the tragedy. I am truly sorry for bringing up a touchy issue...much respectful love and apologies
No, you are fine, no apologies needed, it is a sad day for all Americans. Just always remember to hug the ones you love!
Hey [MENTION=10681]Laurie[/MENTION], we could always lighten the mood and discuss the Yankees and Red Sox :girlfight:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I am so sorry @brutus77 for your loss (losses) and @nycbullymama for mentioning a touchy subject, no intentions of causing painful reminiscings.... It was a very emotional, can't put into words experience. I cry every year on this day. Almost everyone I know, knew or was related to a victim of the tragedy. I am truly sorry for bringing up a touchy issue...much respectful love and apologies

No... don't be sorry- you didn't do anything. We all mention it, no will ever forget, or should.

I just shy away from talking about 9/11 these days. Just takes too much out of me.. :)

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
No, you are fine, no apologies needed, it is a sad day for all Americans. Just always remember to hug the ones you love!
Hey @Laurie, we could always lighten the mood and discuss the Yankees and Red Sox :girlfight:

AHAHAHAAAAAHAA IT IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG :cheers2::slapping: [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.