natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
We live in the Ottawa Valley area and was wondering if there was any other Bully owners in our area ? 005.jpg012.jpgsept1atvtrip 022.jpg056.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We live in the GTA region. Ottawa Valley, as in just outside the city of Ottawa? Wow, never knew how beautiful the area is around it! I passed through Thunder Bay earlier this year and thought that it was the most beautiful part of Ontario, besides Niagara Falls.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
OK, I'm jealous......

Beautiful!

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
We live in the GTA region. Ottawa Valley, as in just outside the city of Ottawa? Wow, never knew how beautiful the area is around it! I passed through Thunder Bay earlier this year and thought that it was the most beautiful part of Ontario, besides Niagara Falls.

Yes as you come from the Toronto area think of Bancroft , if you drive 1 hr north from there you would almost be at My home . I retired up here app 4 years ago after years of vacationing in the area .
Was born and raised in The Beaches in Toronto lived in the same house for app 50 years lol they taxed Me right out of there lol

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
OK, I'm jealous......

Beautiful!

With now the fall colors coming it is truly breathtaking here , the buses full of visitors from Japan will start soon yes Japan they have a strong want to see our Algonquin Park ( I live app 25 minutes outside the parks east gate ) and even more so in the fall with all the maples changing color . When the buses stop they all get out swarm the stores to purchase Maple syrup based products and I mean they clear the shelves off of the stuff , most stores run out of the stuff within a 3 week period and are trying to find more .

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
atv trip aug2012 021.jpgatv trip aug2012 031.jpgatv trip aug2012 030.jpgatv trip aug2012 040.jpgatv trip aug2012 056.jpgatv trip aug2012 076.jpgsepy12natsbday 044.jpgthanksgivin weekend 016.jpgthanksgivin weekend 067.jpg

At the top of My road ( app 5 min ride on a ATV ) there is the original rail bed minus the tracks that goes for miles and miles , now used as a recreational trail so , snowmobiles ,ATV,s cross country skiers ect ect , you want to see wildlife this is the place , there are trails that run off this main trail and go all the way to Ottawa and many other locations , it is the reason we bought this house as it has easy access to all these trails

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
One of my aims in life is to be more familiar with nature. I've lived in urban cities my entire life and it caused me to fear wild animals. lol.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
What a beautiful place I would love to live somewhere like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
One of my aims in life is to be more familiar with nature. I've lived in urban cities my entire life and it caused me to fear wild animals. lol.

Well here you pretty well do the gambit of wildlife , we have Deer bed down for a sleep over all the time , never seen a bear on the property so far but there around , wolves the odd time coyote,s more then wolves but there all more scared of us then we are of them especially with 5 dogs around . One animal I am having trouble with this summer is a Fisher , from the weasel family app 20 lbs of pure animal hell ferocious in there ability to kill cats and small dogs and other game . I was told by the MNR that a Fisher would give My Odin a 100 lb Cane corso a run for its money in a fight and there very difficult to get rid of , so the war is about to begin with that animal as it has recently gone after and injured one of My cats , the cat must have used up one of its nine life's rare that they escape a Fisher . I am a lover of all wildlife up too a point but do not take kindly to anything hurting My animals . The Mnr will not let you move the Fisher more then 1 KM from where it was live trapped , the Fisher,s hunting territory is app 3 km so that is useless . The reason they do not let them move them more then 1 KM is that they carry very harmful diseases to other animals, so all this equals not a good thing for the Fisher there are not many choices left for it .

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
hi [MENTION=8958]natski282[/MENTION],
we're so near yet so far!!! We're the other side of Ottawa, getting close to QC/Ont border! A little far for a play date :(
I love the area you're in - I am a birder so I take a couple trips to Algonquin throughout the year.
I don't know any other EB owners in the area. Too bad we aren't just a slightly closer!

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
hi @natski282,
we're so near yet so far!!! We're the other side of Ottawa, getting close to QC/Ont border! A little far for a play date :(
I love the area you're in - I am a birder so I take a couple trips to Algonquin throughout the year.
I don't know any other EB owners in the area. Too bad we aren't just a slightly closer!

Were actually in Barry,s Bay app 15 mins north of town , would take 2 hrs to get to Ottawa I guess
I love My birds not what you would call a birder but feed many

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online