Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Florida wildlife officials are hunting for an 8-foot-long (2.4m) king cobra snake escaped from an Orlando home.The venomous green-and-yellow snake has been missing since Wednesday, its owner told the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
The owner is an "experienced snake handler" and has a permit to have the snake as a pet, said the commission's spokesman Greg Workman.
Local residents are warned not to get close to the snake.
The owner, Mike Kennedy, is an exotic animal dealer and star of the Discovery Channel reality show Airplane Repo.
He could face criminal charges for not alerting authorities about the escape immediately.
Officials are scanning the area surrounding the home in the search for the reptile, which is not native to Florida.
"Most likely no one is going to see it," Florida Fish and Wildlife captain Chris Roszkowiak said. "We believe it's going to stay on the property here."
His group is asking people to call an alert hotline if they spot the snake, but the escape has neighbours on edge.
"I'm going to go load my guns. Well, they're already loaded, but I'm going to have them ready for sure. I mean, that thing's big enough to take you down for sure," James McLeod told WESH, a local TV station.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
And I liked him on the show- no more.
The guy's a dimwit to have allowed this to happen. It's not like the snake had free roam of his house, it was in a tank.
Which means he let it out and didn't watch it. Moron.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I can't tell you how many times this insanity happens in Florida. I love my home state, but we let people own animals that really shouldn't be owned....and then you hear stories of giant snakes running amok or chimps living in the Everglades (because people let them go when they aren't tiny and cute anymore...)

But a venomous snake???!?! Yiiiiiiikes.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I know right, it's venomous for gods sake. I mean you need to watch it like a hawk and make sure that tank's secured. WTH?

In my youth, I had a red tail columbian boa. You can bet your sweet butt I knew where that snake was at all times.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
OH hell no. I would not leave my house at all until that thing was caught. Nope, Tyson feel free to poop on the tile. LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
good LORD.... why, oh why do we continue to mess with nature

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
just watch an episode of fatal attraction on animal planet. People are stupid messing with dangerous animals that end up killing them.

There was this guy that carries this alligator like a baby. It was fine when it was small, but when it was 5-6 feet tall and with them teeth.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.