Beer and Cheddar Cheese Soup

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Beer and Cheddar Cheese Soup

1 onion, diced
3 celery, diced
4 russet potatoes, peeled & chopped
2 cups beer
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup cream
1 lb.cheese
salt & pepper

Combine all ingredients in a stockpot except for the cheese and cream. Bring to a boil and simmer rapidly for 30 minutes. Add cream and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and puree, if the soup has reduced to much you may need to add a little stock or water to help it puree. Add cheese and season with salt & pepper.

While you are more than welcome to post recipes here on English Bulldog News, we would also like to invite you to our newly created forum just for recipe sharing! Inspired by the popularity of our recipe swap here at English Bulldog News. Click the link below!

http://tastetestedrecipes.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Re: Recipe swap

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] Wow you posted some good looking recipes! I am so excited about the beer and cheddar cheese soup. There is a brewery here that makes an ale and cheddar soup that I LOVE and I am so excited that I'll be able to make some at home myself now!!! :D

OP
L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

I like to cook, I have the waistline to prove that I love to eat too, however I don't do fussy type recipes. I'm a dump it all together in a pot type of cook for the most part. Simple easy comfort foods. And the less mess to clean up in the kitchen after the cooking the better I like the recipes.

We have some family favorites that I've shared on other websites and now they are other peoples family favorites too. I'll share some more in coming posts. If you end up trying anything please let me know how you like it. :)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson

I like to cook, I have the waistline to prove that I love to eat too, however I don't do fussy type recipes. I'm a dump it all together in a pot type of cook for the most part. Simple easy comfort foods. And the less mess to clean up in the kitchen after the cooking the better I like the recipes.

We have some family favorites that I've shared on other websites and now they are other peoples family favorites too. I'll share some more in coming posts. If you end up trying anything please let me know how you like it. :)

LOL I love cooking and eating is one of my favorite things to do. Simple easy comfort food, easy clean up. Sounds good to me! I'll definitely let you know what I think, I'm sure they'll be great.

Members online

No members online now.