The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Today is a bit of a scary day. My daughter who has alopecia decided not to wear her wig to school today. While I am proud of her decision I am still nervous about how the new incoming freshman that don't know my daughter will react. She has always been a strong young lady and really doesn't care what others think but that doesn't mean daddy can't pull what's left of his hair out in worry. To us and those that know her well she is beautiful no matter what and I still can't believe my little girl is a senior. This is going to be a fun and frustrating year for sure. On the flip side we are actually off to a good start being that they got her schedule right for the first time in 6 years so I don't have to fight with them to make it right. Hooray for small victories.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
She's going to do great!!!
I'm excited for her and can't wait to hear about how it went.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
She will do great!!! And seriously, "you go girl" more power to her for doing what SHE wants to do. I commend her for that!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow! She's got guts! Congrats on the school schedule, that is a victory. :2thumbs:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I like that 'Bulldog Strong'! Don't worry be proud of her - sending positive thoughts!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good for her..... hope she had a fantastic day! Please let us know how it went

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Wow what a strong kid you have.
She will have a blast so Try not to worry, she knows her own strengths and is choosing to take this head on.
She is a credit to you.

Respect
J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Wow, you've raised such a strong lady! Can't wait to hear how awesome her day went!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She just got home and it sounds like all went well. She has all the classes she wanted, but I am dying over here listening to some of the rules changes they implemented. One of them makes it almost like a prison as they now have badges they must wear at all times and scan it to get on the bus, enter and leave class, go to the bathroom among a whole slew of other things.....

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I wish I were half as strong as your daughter is when I was a teenager.
You have an amazing girl.

But uh.. badges?? :unsure: That just sounds so wrong..

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION], so happy to hear that her first day went so well!

The badge thing is a bit odd...she sounds like a government employee! is it b/c the school is trying to increase their security?

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I wish I were half as strong as your daughter is when I was a teenager.
You have an amazing girl.

But uh.. badges?? :unsure: That just sounds so wrong..

[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION], so happy to hear that her first day went so well!

The badge thing is a bit odd...she sounds like a government employee! is it b/c the school is trying to increase their security?
I have been doing some digging and it looks like the badges are for security and accountability purposes and half of the school district got them this year and the other half gets them next year.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.