Textbooks Ebook

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Hello,

I am very new when it comes to Ebooks. I am starting college , in order to save some money. I was thinking of getting a textbook in Ebook format.

Has anyone here used one and what did you like and dislike about an Ebook for college?

It's been a long time since, I went to college . So much has changed since I graduated in 2002. I am returning to the same college for a career change is my goal. I am taking one class to get started. I feel I got a long ways to go.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
no experience, but BEST of lock to you!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am in college currently as well. I am getting my mental health nurse practitioner degree. I only use hard copies because I am a highlight, page folding queen for certain books. However, I have a few peers, who use the rental books or electronic format and like it with no complaints of problems. Hope this helps

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I graduated in 2010 and I never cared much for the Ebooks. I think it mostly depends on your personal learning style. If you're more of a visual learner, I think you would do well with the Ebook and save some money. However, I am also the type of person who needs to flip the pages, highlight, make references, etc (a tactile/physical learner). That's the only reason I go for hard copies whenever possible. Best of luck!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I graduated in 2010 and I never cared much for the Ebooks. I think it mostly depends on your personal learning style. If you're more of a visual learner, I think you would do well with the Ebook and save some money. However, I am also the type of person who needs to flip the pages, highlight, make references, etc (a tactile/physical learner). That's the only reason I go for hard copies whenever possible. Best of luck!

I agree - if you can choose between electronic or paper version, go with your learning style.

One advantage I see with e-books is that they are searchable, which can be very handy. If you can make electronic notes (highlight, add comments, etc.) is a big plus too.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I can see it's a personal choice , how well a person does in learning with an actual textbook or EBook.

My pro about an EBook you can stretch the screen for larger print. Save money as well. Someone suggested book rental that's an idea to consider.

Thank you everyone for your input. I have an LG Tablet been used to it ever since last November lol

Easy to carry and have the textbook with me at times. I am not sure how tired my eyes will get after awhile reading .

I just might end up with the physical book .😊

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I can see it's a personal choice , how well a person does in learning with an actual textbook or EBook.

My pro about an EBook you can stretch the screen for larger print. Save money as well. Someone suggested book rental that's an idea to consider.

Thank you everyone for your input. I have an LG Tablet been used to it ever since last November lol

Easy to carry and have the textbook with me at times. I am not sure how tired my eyes will get after awhile reading .

I just might end up with the physical book .��
I would look up the ISBN number on Amazon. They have lots of price options

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would look up the ISBN number on Amazon. They have lots of price options
Yes, I found the book listed at $120 free shipping at the college bookstore cost $130 plus tax . I might stick with the book so, I can pass and study hard :)

Thank you all for the suggestions. Ebooks sound like a personal choice. I was debating, EBook has pros and cons. I am doing it the old- fashion way, physical book.

Most Reactions