We are afraid to eat out again!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Last Friday Joe took me to a seafood place about 45 min. from our home for a late lunch, I ordered a plate, he ordered a different plate, we shared. He had a salad I had cole-slaw. We left and was coming home when I told him to step on the gas I was going to be sick! :eek:

I was in the bathroom for the rest of the night not knowing weather to sit or stand!! I was not getting sick Sat. but felt like crap with a belly ache until Sunday night. I think it was the cole-slaw

Fast forward to last night one week later, our "date-night" we go to Bonefish for dinner, we each had one glass of wine and ordered a saucy shrimp appetizer. 15 min. later Joe gets sick in the bathroom there, so we leave and come straight home, the whole time I am saying "I feel fine" within 25 min. I got sick at home, good thing we have two bathrooms as we both were in the bathroom for the rest of the evening!! What a romantic date night!!

We are afraid to eat out anymore, I have not had food poisoning for at least 15 years to have it twice in two weeks. Tonight's dinner at HOME will consist of baked chicken, and rice, need to let our belly's settle.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That is the pits. I am not wishing to be you right now. One thing I learned when my son was young. Food poisoning from Seafood/Fish can happen immediately. I was told that by a friend as he was running to the restrooms at Carabbas. (spelling?)

Oh yuck, hope you feel better today

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] BOTH times it was seafood, but last weekend he did not get sick and I did, so that is why I think it was the mayonaise in the cole-slaw. Last night had to have been the shrimp for both of us. We are both not sick this morning, just batteling belly aches but not actually getting sick.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
While visiting Lari for the second time in Ohio she took me to her favorite Chinese place. I spent the next two days getting to know her toilet after having oysters. How Romantic ;)

Hope you feel better seen. Give me Joe's email addy and I'l tell him too. :p

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Bland diet! :up:

I hope you guys feel better. I had food poisoning once last summer. It was one of the worst experiences of my life.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh I have never had food poisoning but boy do I hope I never get it after hearing that! You poor thing, I would be afraid too. After watching kitchen nightmares it is very scary to think what the restaurants are serving. I wont eat anywhere that isnt A rated but even being an A doesnt guarantee much cuz the difference between an A and a B is scary big. (now that I think of it, not sure if all states have ratings.)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] As I put on your facebook, I would say it was food poisioning. I was a chef for 6 years, and for you both to have the same appetizer and then be sick there is a good chance that was the cause. Unless, you can say for sure that you both ate exactly the same thing before that in the previous 24 hours.

I would call the restaurant and speak to the manager and let them know. For both people to be sick, it wasn't just a "bad" shrimp - it is likely there was more than one!! This could indicate it was a very bad batch of shrimp or the cleanliness of the restaurant is not what it should be!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG I feel sooo sorry for you! That is horrible that you don't want to eat out again. I can hardly blame you!

I have a major fear of getting food poisoning. When we were young still (and stupid) I came home from work. I was a server at Denny's (breakfast) and was extremely familiar with food contamination, temps, ect. Well I was starving and did not really have anything to get a quick bite, so I grabbed a bag of shredded lettuce and the only dressing we had in the fridge was French dressing. So i had a small salad to tide me over until dinnertime.

Within 2 hours I was on my deathbed. (or shall I say death toilet?) I could not eat or drink for 3 days. My back was so sore I could hardly move from dry heaving and putting spasms on my muscles. I was sick in bed a total of a week, and then at least another 3-4 days of severe diarrhea after that. To be honest I barely remember anything. I remember my mom being there to help take care of Noah who was just a baby.

Idiots that we were, I should have gone to the hospital!!! As soon as I started to feel sick, I looked at the label on the French dressing and it was over 2 years old!! Weird part was it tasted fine. I knew I had food poisoning before it even struck, which is probably why we did not go to the hospital but honestly I think back now I was probably so dehydrated.

It was the sickest I have EVER been in my life. I would take c-sections and surgeries over it.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
lmao [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]! "death toilet" oh man. that is the funniest thing i have heard in forever! nothing funny about being sick though, so no disrespect there, but death toilet is so funny :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hope you're both feeling better now ... I'm guessing you won't be going out for a romantic Valentines Day dinner??? :whistle:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.