Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
POTHOLE! I just want to thank you for ruining my Friday night.

I was driving home and I was within 5 miles of reaching my goal when I "sorta" drove on the shoulder. Wouldn't you know it? I hit a pothole and it ripped my tire right off my rim. So..I drive it to a safe location (probably another mile) and pull over into a parking lot. I call my husband, no answer. He's supposed to be up at the gym for the Friday night kickboxing class. So, I start calling other members of the class and no one is answering their phones. (probably because it's right in the middle of class) I finally get a hold of one of our friends...he's going to go up to the gym to let my husband know what is going on. About 5 minutes later Mark calls. He's not even at the gym, he is at a retirement party for a co-worker. So, I get a ride home and my husband shows up about 20 minutes later. He is so sweet. He is so good natured. So, I'm home. Warm and in my PJs. Mark? He's out changing my tire in the cold.
He's actually got to pick up a friend who is having dinner in the next town over..drive him home so they can pick up a powerjack...drive back to our town to change the tire. Get the truck home, then take his friend back home. He probably wont be home until after 11pm (this happened at 7pm)
And he left the house with a smile on his face.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Last edited:
OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Re: Stupid, stupid, stupid.....

I made a movie of my ordeal

Last edited:

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}

wow!:eek: that is the worst blow out i've ever seen. thankfully it didn't cause you to wreck or anything. what a wondeful hubby you have, mine would have been the same way. glad you are safe.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy

That wasn't a pot hole... it was a CRATER! Geezz.. that's really bad. I think I'd have that corner of the car checked out as you could have easily bent something.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

Glad it's all over but the shoutin' (old Ohio hillbilly term for it looks like it was traumatic but your OK)
I agree with Bruce, get that suspension checked out.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver

It is times like this, you look at the evidence and say, wow, What could have happened! Glad to know you are okay.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

Well.....It so much worse that the video shows. Literally the whole entire rim was sliced like you would a bagel. I (luckily) have the stock rims and tires. The used car dealership put the rims and tires on it for curb appeal. So, right now I have one stock rim and tire and 3 flashy 22inch rims and tires. I will be heading up to Les Schwab to have them change out the other 3. Plus, I have to find the pot hole and take photos of it. So....that's where I'm heading right now.

L

Lucy-licious

Oh my word, I am so glad your safe! That pothole really made a mess of your wheel.....i'm relieved that is all it could have been so much worse. :hug:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses

Mark was smiling through all of it because you were OK... the consequence of that could have been bad. I like your Guardian Angel.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

I am so glad you are okay! Geez that looks awful!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

Just showed the hubby your photo and video cos he's the manager of a Sears Auto Service store. He said that if you hit even a SMALL pot hole just right you can do that kind of damage - so it doesn't even have to be a deep/big pot hole. He's seen the same amount of damage on a car when somebody has hit a non-dangerous looking pithole at JUST the right angle.

He also agreed with what Mark said .... if it had been a front tire then there is a good possibility you would have lost control and ended up potentially going off the road or hitting somebody.

You are one very lucky lady ..... :heart:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.