Washer and Dryer.. Can anyone recommend?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you ever tried the tide washing machine cleaner? I love it, you throw it in, set for normal wash and let the cleaner do it's thing. It smells phenomenal!

Yep --- Clorox has a liquid cleaner too both work great

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
It's interesting you say this.. I keep going back and forth about washer size because of our HUGE comforter.
The one time I washed it, the dryer burned a small part of it. If I hadn't taken it out in time, it would of burned the entire thing. I'm been dry cleaning it ever since.
Now, I'm wondering if I would dare try washing it again. If so, I would have to do what you mentioned and buy a rather large washer and dryer.

Mine could probably easily with no issues fit 2 king size comforters!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Mine could probably easily with no issues fit 2 king size comforters!

Another thing I do not like about the set I have.... I can not fit my queen size or king size comforter in either of them..... I have to go to the laundrymat with those

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks everyone.. I learned a lot from your posts.

For those of you that wash your comforters, how do you dry them? Like I said, the one time I did, the dryer burned a part of it. But I was using a commercial dryer in our buildings laundry room, and I was using the highest heat setting.

When you guys dry it, what setting do you keep it on so it doesn't burn? Ours is also King, and it's some kind of "Down Alternative" hypoallergenic comforter. Anyway, it burned.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yep --- Clorox has a liquid cleaner too both work great
It's stupid the things that make me happy. My washer and dyer are one and my mattress is the other. The best money I have ever spent!!

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

For those of you that wash your comforters, how do you dry them? Like I said, the one time I did, the dryer burned a part of it. But I was using a commercial dryer in our buildings laundry room, and I was using the highest heat setting.

When you guys dry it, what setting do you keep it on so it doesn't burn? Ours is also King, and it's some kind of "Down Alternative" hypoallergenic comforter. Anyway, it burned.
I have a king size bed and have not had any trouble washing and drying my quilts or comforters. I can give you dimension size later when I am home. Commercial dryers are much hotter than a regular I think. Don't forget, you will be at your beautiful country house, you can hang it outside in the fresh air. Me, I'm am much to lazy for that. lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I always use a med/low setting and run it longer... midway through I take it out and see how dry it is and check the center.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I have a king size bed and have not had any trouble washing and drying my quilts or comforters. I can give you dimension size later when I am home. Commercial dryers are much hotter than a regular I think. Don't forget, you will be at your beautiful country house, you can hang it outside in the fresh air. Me, I'm am much to lazy for that. lol

Rosalie, can you give me the size of your washer and dryer?

The bullies would take it down faster than I could get it up if I even attempted to hang it outside..lol..

- - - Updated - - -

I always use a med/low setting and run it longer... midway through I take it out and see how dry it is and check the center.

Thank you!! Maybe I will try again.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosalie, can you give me the size of your washer and dryer?

The bullies would take it down faster than I could get it up if I even attempted to hang it outside..lol..

You guys will be hanging from the comforter the way [MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] Brutus was hanging from the swing ..... :giggle:

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You guys will be hanging from the comforter the way @JennieS Brutus was hanging from the swing ..... :giggle:

lol.. i have a video somewhere of Blue hanging off a rope that Chris was holding. Chris was swinging him around but he refused to let go...lol..

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have to agree with the other Front Load Owners, I always had top loaders in my other house, but this house came with Brand New Maytag 3000 Series Front Loaders. I love my washer and Dryer. I also use the washer cleaner and keep the door open.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION], the capacity of the washer is 4.1 cubic ft and the dryer is 7.0 cubic feet.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We love our front loaders as they are easier for my wife to use. We have had several over the years but the Kenmore ones we got 2 years ago have been the best so far. It has the sanitize feature on the washer and my favorite steam refresh on the dryer. They are huge though and barely fit in our laundry room but we needed them as between us, the kids and my dad we were doing 10 to 15 loads a week.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping to pick them out this Thursday. Looks like it's between Kenmore, GE and Speed Queen.

Members online

No members online now.