Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Good Reads

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    Not yet. Im actually laying by the pool reading it right now. Oh I need to prepare myself then for crying.
    just make sure there are no ladies wearing their boob-gel-inserts with Brutus in the mix, eh?! when you say "pool" that's all I picture!!

2. Likes ddnene liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    just make sure there are no ladies wearing their boob-gel-inserts with Brutus in the mix, eh?! when you say "pool" that's all I picture!!
    Lololol!!! Just me, him and ruthie today, so no boobs hahahaha. He's off chasing butterflys in the yard.

4. Likes cali baker liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Did you finish the book yet, Jennie? I did last night along with a box of Kleenex!! Loved the story but quite heart-wrenching.
    I just finished. Man, that is a gut wrenching book. My goodness those poor women.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I just finished. Man, that is a gut wrenching book. My goodness those poor women.
    I know Jennie. It's unbelievable what women endure in other parts of the world. I really felt for the main characters in this story...such a deep sadness throughout the book yet also some victories. That book really affected me.

I just checked out 11/22/63 today from the library based on recs by @Donnam and review by @nycbullymama. I'm also reading a mystery called End in Tears by Ruth Rendell. It's pretty good except there are so many different characters in the book that it's hard to keep track of them all!

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I mentioned this one earlier, but I believe it's an important read for all women.
    The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood €” Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

- - - Updated - - -
    @cali baker I think you're gonna love 11/22/63

8. Likes cali baker, ddnene liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

I know Jennie. It's unbelievable what women endure in other parts of the world. I really felt for the main characters in this story...such a deep sadness throughout the book yet also some victories. That book really affected me.

I just checked out 11/22/63 today from the library based on recs by @Donnam and review by @nycbullymama. I'm also reading a mystery called End in Tears by Ruth Rendell. It's pretty good except there are so many different characters in the book that it's hard to keep track of them all!
    My heart ached for them. I couldn't even imagine living a life like that. It's so important to recognize how great it is to be free. This quote resonated deep with me, it was when Laila was asleep at Mariam's home near the end "in a few years, this little girl will be a woman who will make small demands on life, who will never burden others, who will never let on that she too has sorrows, disappointments, dreams that have been ridiculed. A woman who will be like a rock in a riverbed, enduring without complain, her grace not sullied but shaped by the turbulence that washes over her" . Those are powerful words.

The book 11/23/63 has been creeping up everywhere. I was reading an article yesterday about books that were hard to put down. I may have to check it out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Likes ddnene, cali baker liked this post
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Okay, so I just now finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King...BRILLIANT!!! Thanku guys for the recommendation, @Donnam and @nycbullymama. I could not stop reading and now it's past my bedtime but I made it thru the 800+ pages in 1 week's time.
    @JennieS, did u check the book out yet? run, don't walk and start reading!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Okay, so I just now finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King...BRILLIANT!!! Thanku guys for the recommendation, @Donnam and @nycbullymama. I could not stop reading and now it's past my bedtime but I made it thru the 800+ pages in 1 week's time.

No I haven't got it yet! I got caught in another book. I'm going on vacation this week and i have a bunch of trashy stuff to read while i'm sunning myself. I'll pick it up when i get back. It seems like a book i'll have to put some thought into and pay attention LOL.
    When i get on the beach i read and people watch at the same time. I need something that doesn't take too much brain power.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Yay.. so glad you liked it!

I think you should read the first book of The Hunger Games next! I have no doubt you're going to love it.
    Amazon.com: The Hunger Games (Book 1) (9780439023528): Suzanne Collins: Books

Another one I forgot to mention earlier is "The Passage" by Justin Cronin. OMG, another book I couldn't put down.
    The Passage: A Novel (Book One of The Passage Trilogy) - Kindle edition by Justin Cronin. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Also (my last recommendation..lol) The "Dark Tower" saga by Stephen King. The first book is called "The Gunslinger". I started reading them when I was a teenager and he hadn't finished the series yet. I was in my mid 20's by the time he was done. There's eight books total and each and every one is an excellent book.
    http://stephenking.com/darktower/book/

14. Likes cali baker liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    Yay.. so glad you liked it!

I think you should read the first book of The Hunger Games next! I have no doubt you're going to love it.
    Amazon.com: The Hunger Games (Book 1) (9780439023528): Suzanne Collins: Books

Another one I forgot to mention earlier is "The Passage" by Justin Cronin. OMG, another book I couldn't put down.
    The Passage: A Novel (Book One of The Passage Trilogy) - Kindle edition by Justin Cronin. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Also (my last recommendation..lol) The "Dark Tower" saga by Stephen King. The first book is called "The Gunslinger". I started reading them when I was a teenager and he hadn't finished the series yet. I was in my mid 20's by the time he was done. There's eight books total and each and every one is an excellent book.
    The Dark Tower - Books

I agree, you have to read the Hunger Games @cali baker

My friend recommended The Passage to me a few years ago. I still have yet to read it.

16. Likes cali baker liked this post
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I agree, you have to read the Hunger Games @cali baker

My friend recommended The Passage to me a few years ago. I still have yet to read it.
    I read The Passage when it first came out about 5 years ago while on a beach vacation..lol. It's a huge book and I would not recommend it.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad you liked it! I was so sad when it was over, I had withdrawal symptoms. The bad thing about reading a great book is that it's a hard act to follow. You read it pretty fast! I'm loving The Outlander. I think I'll check out The Passage and I want to read ​Girl On A Train.

19. Likes cali baker liked this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Remove Ads