I'm already DONE with the summer heatā€¦ GEESH!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I enjoy summer, I really do like the change in seasons that we have here in TN :sunny:But seriouslyā€¦ it's already in the 90s NOW and it's only JUNEā€¦ Wally LOVES to be outside, and boy it's going to be a LONG summer for him :( I just took him for a short walk at 730am and it was 75 degrees, almost TOO hot for him already.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am with you.... I do not like anything about 80 :( I tried to get Lambeau to play in the pool/sprinkler yesterday -- he wanted nothing to do with it -- made me so sad. Cheli HATES it too, so I will end up having to keep them indoors all the time instead of having some short pool fun with them. I am going to try each day to get Lambeau interested in the water, but I am thinking it is not going to happen

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I am with you.... I do not like anything about 80 :( I tried to get Lambeau to play in the pool/sprinkler yesterday -- he wanted nothing to do with it -- made me so sad. Cheli HATES it too, so I will end up having to keep them indoors all the time instead of having some short pool fun with them. I am going to try each day to get Lambeau interested in the water, but I am thinking it is not going to happen

Wally's NOT a huge fan either, which is crazy because Bella and Winston LOVED it. You could always get a cheap sprinklerā€¦ Lol

You know since he's so ball crazy, throw some of his balls in the poolā€¦ he would love that!!!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I'm totally LOVING this heat. The bullies are not though.

I walked them at 7 this morning and they were panting. They played in the hose and the pool yesterday, but still too hot for them to stay out there long. I agree....it's going to be a long summer for them :(

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I feel your pain Tracey - our heat index in TX has reached the 100s - and its ONLY June. Ugh. We do early morning & evening walks now. Short, literally half the time - you pee, you poo, we go back inside, lol. Tyson loves being outside too, so we'll throw the cooling pad out there, put his cooling collar on and set him up in the shady area by the garage (if we're outside) oh and we recently got the kiddie pool, which he seemed to love. Oh Summer, love you but hate you. LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wally's NOT a huge fan either, which is crazy because Bella and Winston LOVED it. You could always get a cheap sprinklerā€¦ Lol

You know since he's so ball crazy, throw some of his balls in the poolā€¦ he would love that!!!

OMG -- yes, the balls... I do have a sprinkler that Banks played with, he licked at it, but then just walked away

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

I thought Walter loved the sprinklers and landscaping. Did he change his ways?

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
we are hot down in mississippi also!!! just muggy as can be, we plug a fan in for bella outside when we sit out there and let her play but it doesnt take long and shes sitting by the door ready to go in and sit on the ac vent haha

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea loves being outside as well bit I guess I am lucky as she enjoys her pool and playing in the sprinkler/sprayer.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
the only way I got Buster to get in the pool was with a ball, he jumps in, grabs the ball and jumps out. Meanwhile Elsa is loving the pool. This IS going to be a very long hot summer. ugh.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
We are usually in the high 90s this time of year in Arizona but our summer this year is really weird; we haven't had much hot weather to speak of, it looks like everyone else got our weather this year. Its been usually cool and we are waiting for some hot spells.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I thought Walter loved the sprinklers and landscaping. Did he change his ways?

Well NOW that you mention it he has tired of the in ground sprinkler system, but he already put a hole in the water hose. I haven't replaced it as of yetā€¦ Lol

- - - Updated - - -

It's only 42 to 50 here in ICEland. I would love some warm weather :pray:

Well we will have to see pics to verify thatā€¦ Iceland is on my bucket list!!! Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, it's hot in Tn. high 90's and very humid. The humidity is what makes it worse. My bullies have no sense. The first thing they do when they go out, is lay in the sun.
They love it. The two "halfies" have the sense to be in the shade! I can't let them be outside for long,that's for sure. I can't even take this heat anymore. Hot and sunny
used to be my favorite weather. Since I got sunstroke, I get sick in the sun! But I gotta; do what I gotta' do! I feel like a piece of bacon!!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
It's only 42 to 50 here in ICEland. I would love some warm weather :pray:

It's just starting to get warmer here too, would love to be able to finally wear shorts and without a jacket lol. But Bifi is already feeling the heat. I agree this is going to be a long hard summer for him too.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.