Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here feel frustrated looking for a place that allow Bulldogs?

Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Default Does anyone here feel frustrated looking for a place that allow Bulldogs?

I am considering moving to Oregon, the problem is no one is flexible to Bulldogs. I am working very hard to search for something before actually taking steps to move. Research a mission to relocate and find a place that accepts Bulldogs. If anyone here has a home rental or knows someone who does that will be appreciated looking in south Josephine county in Oregon
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone here feel frustrated looking for a place that allow Bulldogs?

I know it can be tough, good luck!

3. Likes MissWaddles13 liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone here feel frustrated looking for a place that allow Bulldogs?

I tagged a member that lives in Joseph, Oregon -- hopefully she may have some suggestions.

best of luck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

5. Likes MissWaddles13 liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I tagged a member that lives in Joseph, Oregon -- hopefully she may have some suggestions.

best of luck
    Thank you 2Bullymama I am working hard to find a house to rent anywhere. Even where I am no Bulldogs just that I had no idea at the time. I do pay pet fees it's all good.
    Porkchop 's family and she's going where I go

7. Likes 2BullyMama, mybrindlegirl liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MissWaddles13 View Post
    Thank you 2Bullymama I am working hard to find a house to rent anywhere. Even where I am no Bulldogs just that I had no idea at the time. I do pay pet fees it's all good.
    Porkchop 's family and she's going where I go

Funny that you mentioned this, but our HOA said NO bully breeds in our neighborhood. We have owned 3 bulldogs here, and we have a neighbor that owns too. I guess that EBD's do NOT qualify as bully breeds… LOL Maybe you should call the places and ask specifically what they mean, more than likely pit bull breeds.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

9. Likes nycbullymama liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Funny that you mentioned this, but our HOA said NO bully breeds in our neighborhood. We have owned 3 bulldogs here, and we have a neighbor that owns too. I guess that EBD's do NOT qualify as bully breeds… LOL Maybe you should call the places and ask specifically what they mean, more than likely pit bull breeds.
    Most Bulldogs are harmless. On my community newsletter read no bully breeds Bulldogs were on the list. I haven't had any issue with mine living here almost 2!years living here.

Now, the attempt to find a new place is very difficult. I will check on HOA makes a good point no bully breeds lol

My mission is to teach the world about Bulldogs

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)

i just dont get it rental people pick on bullies, how do they just single them out like that? its so unfair. if they only knew how sweet they are good luck on the house hunt
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

12. Likes MissWaddles13 liked this post
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
    Likes (Received)

Where I live many apartments will not allow bully breeds but that only applies to pit type bully's not English bulldogs. Be sure to clarify because home insurance is the same way...denying insurance or increasing rates for what they consider breeds that are a liability and EBD's are not one of them. The biggest problem I've face is weight restrictions. Imagine that. Thank goodness mine are on the small size so I just fudge their weight a little. I mean after all they are girls and we all do it! Hehe

Although I completely disagree with stereotyping dogs, I don't think there are any reports of EBD attacks. Maybe you can provide some info about the breed when you are inquiring. I am sure it is just ignorance on the part of those who are leasing the homes. And, I think it is completely absurd to ban any dog based on breed or size. There is no such thing as a bad dog...only bad owners. They are the ones who should be banned from owing these amazing companions.
    Happiness is looking at your dogs face...and forgetting all your problems

14. Likes MissWaddles13 liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by stacyhynum View Post
    i just dont get it rental people pick on bullies, how do they just single them out like that? its so unfair. if they only knew how sweet they are good luck on the house hunt
    I completely agree with , it's so unfair. I have been bitten in the leg by a toy dog and showing me it's teeth.

Bulldogs are mellow and love relax all day.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevikell View Post
    Where I live many apartments will not allow bully breeds but that only applies to pit type bully's not English bulldogs. Be sure to clarify because home insurance is the same way...denying insurance or increasing rates for what they consider breeds that are a liability and EBD's are not one of them. The biggest problem I've face is weight restrictions. Imagine that. Thank goodness mine are on the small size so I just fudge their weight a little. I mean after all they are girls and we all do it! Hehe

Although I completely disagree with stereotyping dogs, I don't think there are any reports of EBD attacks. Maybe you can provide some info about the breed when you are inquiring. I am sure it is just ignorance on the part of those who are leasing the homes. And, I think it is completely absurd to ban any dog based on breed or size. There is no such thing as a bad dog...only bad owners. They are the ones who should be banned from owing these amazing companions.
    I asked one agent , he said, it's up to the owner. I informed my dog is 60 lbs and is very mellow. I did my best.

I heard about insurances. I have my dog with me not supposed to have the breed here. She's not a threat and had no issues with her living with me. She's loveable and friendly.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

My problem world wide was always the Great Danes; everyone had a weight limit and when they seen my Danes they usually ran for the hills at first sight. Once I talked with them and introduced the Danes to them they seen things a little differently but it took several different meets and greets before I finially found someone willing to take a chance on me. Then when I moved they were heartbroken to see us go. Good luck, set up some meet and greets with prospective landlords and again good luck.

18. Likes ddnene liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MissWaddles13 View Post
    Most Bulldogs are harmless. On my community newsletter read no bully breeds Bulldogs were on the list. I haven't had any issue with mine living here almost 2!years living here.

Now, the attempt to find a new place is very difficult. I will check on HOA makes a good point no bully breeds lol

My mission is to teach the world about Bulldogs

I'm surprised… well what can you say people are IDIOTS!!! Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads