Does anyone here feel frustrated looking for a place that allow Bulldogs?

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Hi, I had the same problem here in Canada when I was looking to move last year. The problem here is no one seems to want to rent to dog owners at all. I called more than 50 places and no one was willing to rent to us because we had dogs, and I didn't even tell them I had two, I just asked if they accepted dogs. We ended up buying our townhouse instead of renting. You can also try contacting a real estate agent, they will have more information and can find the rentals that accept pets. Good luck I hope you find something.

Yes, that's true . I am sure there's gotta be someone out there who rents with pets.
Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just want to wish you luck!!!
Our apartment complex does not restrict EBs (though they do not allow pitbulls, my feelings go both ways on that - due to the owners, not the dogs!) and i was thinking today that it would be a hard place to give up if we ever tried looking to rent elsewhere and faced the same troubles you're dealing with.

Keep looking. You will find something!

Yes, I am researching first before , I can actually move to Oregon. I need to think about many factors , job and home. I am in the middle of career change , currently, I am an interpreter in American Sign Language and Spanish. I do mostly medical and mental health interpreting. The inspiration to go into medical assisting but one problem no paid experience::( I was hoping Oregon will be ok and give me the opportunity to get my foot in the door and eventually become an LVN:)

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
We have 3 dogs plus a cat, and my husband is in the army, which means we move a lot and we like to make sure we have a place to rent before we move anywhere - finding a hotel that allows that many pets can also be a problem (we usually stay in motels that don't have strict pet limitations).

Anyhow whenever we would reach out to anyone we would send a picture of all three of the lazy dogs sleeping on the bed. Sleeping picture IMO are better than pictures of them when they are awake, being playful, sleeping pic=lazy dogs lol

The cat was always a non issue.

We would only tell the dogs weight if the landlord asked, because weight can be deceptive. Like curly weighs 70-73 lbs and our frenchton weighs 51 lbs but both are the almost the same height and length.

We also went through real estate agents site (MLS Listings) where we could rent directly from the home owner rather than renting from a property manager. We also picked dwellings that were smaller - like single family homes, duplex, triplex instead of a huge apartment complex that has strict pet policies (also the only time I'm concerned about my dogs barking is if they hear unfamiliar voices so apartment living wouldn't suit us).

Good luck with your search. I hope these tips might be useful to you!

Picture we would send here :)

59db412cba40744bf4a4495d79ed8084.jpg

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
I'm sorry it is so difficult to find a new home with Bulldogs:( I' don't get it...

Sending or showing a photo as suggested by nubonics is a great advice - who could resist such a sweet picture of such sweet babies:loveeyes:;)
And you prevent people confusing EBs with different breeds.

I hope you will find a wonderful place in Oregon for you and Pork Chop with a friendly fair landlord, soon! All the best for your future plans, also:yes:

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We have 3 dogs plus a cat, and my husband is in the army, which means we move a lot and we like to make sure we have a place to rent before we move anywhere - finding a hotel that allows that many pets can also be a problem (we usually stay in motels that don't have strict pet limitations).

Anyhow whenever we would reach out to anyone we would send a picture of all three of the lazy dogs sleeping on the bed. Sleeping picture IMO are better than pictures of them when they are awake, being playful, sleeping pic=lazy dogs lol

The cat was always a non issue.

We would only tell the dogs weight if the landlord asked, because weight can be deceptive. Like curly weighs 70-73 lbs and our frenchton weighs 51 lbs but both are the almost the same height and length.

We also went through real estate agents site (MLS Listings) where we could rent directly from the home owner rather than renting from a property manager. We also picked dwellings that were smaller - like single family homes, duplex, triplex instead of a huge apartment complex that has strict pet policies (also the only time I'm concerned about my dogs barking is if they hear unfamiliar voices so apartment living wouldn't suit us).

Good luck with your search. I hope these tips might be useful to you!

Picture we would send here :)

59db412cba40744bf4a4495d79ed8084.jpg

Thank you for these helpful tips :) I have to tweek the weight to 50lbs lol her medical record says 65 lbs she's lost some weight since down to 60 lbs :) that's one of the request from the property manager.

Right, a pic says a 1,000 words lol Porkchop is one of the most mellow dogs and doesn't like to play with toys. She's very obedient and relaxes most of the day.

I have explained to people her character and some said depends on the owner. I am going to keep on researching and hope some home owners be flexible.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sorry it is so difficult to find a new home with Bulldogs:( I' don't get it...

Sending or showing a photo as suggested by nubonics is a great advice - who could resist such a sweet picture of such sweet babies:loveeyes:;)
And you prevent people confusing EBs with different breeds.

I hope you will find a wonderful place in Oregon for you and Pork Chop with a friendly fair landlord, soon! All the best for your future plans, also:yes:

I know, don't get it why people think Bulldogs are such a furious animals. In fact, they are completely opposite in most cases. In my opinion, any breed can be furious, all about the handler how they control their dog. We are bully family most of us here know they are couch potatoes lol

shelbers00

Dec 9, 2015
Oregon
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
I recently just went through this ordeal, and yes it is hard but do able. Normally if you find a place that just allows dogs in general there is wiggle room. I would normally just say yes I have a dog and then bring him to the viewing of the house. Once they met Herc no one said no to him. Also if it isn't through an agency and it is just someone renting out a house that they own, if they allow pets or not, ask since they are more willing to be flexible. Hope you find a place! The place we ended up renting had a two dog limit at 35 lbs each. Herc is a chunky one at 60 lbs :p

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
I live in grants pass :)
Oh please move and we can have play dates haha

I know there are a lot of places that accept dogs and they do not mind what kind, sometimes don't even ask what kind.
Just fill out the paperwork and pay a one time pet deposit.

Good luck on your search!!

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
Definitely couch potatoes. But wouldn't have it any other way
View attachment 93976
We recently were in a car dealership up in Eugene and they let me bring Murphy inside.
Half the people fell in love immediately and some were hesitant because he "looked" mean
Nope not mean, just showing you how many teeth he has and that's he proud of them
:)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.