Does anyone here feel frustrated looking for a place that allow Bulldogs?

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I am considering moving to Oregon, the problem is no one is flexible to Bulldogs. I am working very hard to search for something before actually taking steps to move. Research a mission to relocate and find a place that accepts Bulldogs. If anyone here has a home rental or knows someone who does that will be appreciated looking in south Josephine county in Oregon
Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged a member that lives in Joseph, Oregon -- hopefully she may have some suggestions.

best of luck

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I tagged a member that lives in Joseph, Oregon -- hopefully she may have some suggestions.

best of luck

Thank you 2Bullymama :) I am working hard to find a house to rent anywhere. Even where I am no Bulldogs just that I had no idea at the time. I do pay pet fees it's all good.
Porkchop 's family and she's going where I go

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you 2Bullymama :) I am working hard to find a house to rent anywhere. Even where I am no Bulldogs just that I had no idea at the time. I do pay pet fees it's all good.
Porkchop 's family and she's going where I go

Funny that you mentioned this, but our HOA said NO bully breeds in our neighborhood. We have owned 3 bulldogs here, and we have a neighbor that owns too. I guess that EBD's do NOT qualify as bully breeds… LOL Maybe you should call the places and ask specifically what they mean, more than likely pit bull breeds.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Funny that you mentioned this, but our HOA said NO bully breeds in our neighborhood. We have owned 3 bulldogs here, and we have a neighbor that owns too. I guess that EBD's do NOT qualify as bully breeds… LOL Maybe you should call the places and ask specifically what they mean, more than likely pit bull breeds.

Most Bulldogs are harmless. On my community newsletter read no bully breeds Bulldogs were on the list. I haven't had any issue with mine living here almost 2!years living here.

Now, the attempt to find a new place is very difficult. I will check on HOA makes a good point no bully breeds lol

My mission is to teach the world about Bulldogs [emoji173]️

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
i just dont get it rental people pick on bullies, how do they just single them out like that? its so unfair. if they only knew how sweet they are :smoochwink: good luck on the house hunt

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Where I live many apartments will not allow bully breeds but that only applies to pit type bully's not English bulldogs. Be sure to clarify because home insurance is the same way...denying insurance or increasing rates for what they consider breeds that are a liability and EBD's are not one of them. The biggest problem I've face is weight restrictions. Imagine that. Thank goodness mine are on the small size so I just fudge their weight a little. I mean after all they are girls and we all do it! Hehe

Although I completely disagree with stereotyping dogs, I don't think there are any reports of EBD attacks. Maybe you can provide some info about the breed when you are inquiring. I am sure it is just ignorance on the part of those who are leasing the homes. And, I think it is completely absurd to ban any dog based on breed or size. There is no such thing as a bad dog...only bad owners. They are the ones who should be banned from owing these amazing companions.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
i just dont get it rental people pick on bullies, how do they just single them out like that? its so unfair. if they only knew how sweet they are :smoochwink: good luck on the house hunt
I completely agree with , it's so unfair. I have been bitten in the leg by a toy dog and showing me it's teeth.

Bulldogs are mellow and love relax all day.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Where I live many apartments will not allow bully breeds but that only applies to pit type bully's not English bulldogs. Be sure to clarify because home insurance is the same way...denying insurance or increasing rates for what they consider breeds that are a liability and EBD's are not one of them. The biggest problem I've face is weight restrictions. Imagine that. Thank goodness mine are on the small size so I just fudge their weight a little. I mean after all they are girls and we all do it! Hehe

Although I completely disagree with stereotyping dogs, I don't think there are any reports of EBD attacks. Maybe you can provide some info about the breed when you are inquiring. I am sure it is just ignorance on the part of those who are leasing the homes. And, I think it is completely absurd to ban any dog based on breed or size. There is no such thing as a bad dog...only bad owners. They are the ones who should be banned from owing these amazing companions.
I asked one agent , he said, it's up to the owner. I informed my dog is 60 lbs and is very mellow. I did my best.

I heard about insurances. I have my dog with me not supposed to have the breed here. She's not a threat and had no issues with her living with me. She's loveable and friendly.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
My problem world wide was always the Great Danes; everyone had a weight limit and when they seen my Danes they usually ran for the hills at first sight. Once I talked with them and introduced the Danes to them they seen things a little differently but it took several different meets and greets before I finially found someone willing to take a chance on me. Then when I moved they were heartbroken to see us go. Good luck, set up some meet and greets with prospective landlords and again good luck.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Most Bulldogs are harmless. On my community newsletter read no bully breeds Bulldogs were on the list. I haven't had any issue with mine living here almost 2!years living here.

Now, the attempt to find a new place is very difficult. I will check on HOA makes a good point no bully breeds lol

My mission is to teach the world about Bulldogs [emoji173]️

I'm surprised… well what can you say people are IDIOTS!!! Lol

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm surprised… well what can you say people are IDIOTS!!! Lol
Yes! The crazy part is when you say, I have an English Bulldog , immediately, people say, those are mean dogs and they kill people. I am like, you must be thinking of a Pit bull. They say, yes that's right. I make clarification, bulldogs are too chubby to run they need special care aside from any other breed. They are couch potatoes. I explain not all Pit bulls are bad dogs. It's how the handler raises them. Any dog can be trained to mean or nice.

I even explain how a little toy dog bite my leg.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I had the same problem here in Canada when I was looking to move last year. The problem here is no one seems to want to rent to dog owners at all. I called more than 50 places and no one was willing to rent to us because we had dogs, and I didn't even tell them I had two, I just asked if they accepted dogs. We ended up buying our townhouse instead of renting. You can also try contacting a real estate agent, they will have more information and can find the rentals that accept pets. Good luck I hope you find something.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Just want to wish you luck!!!
Our apartment complex does not restrict EBs (though they do not allow pitbulls, my feelings go both ways on that - due to the owners, not the dogs!) and i was thinking today that it would be a hard place to give up if we ever tried looking to rent elsewhere and faced the same troubles you're dealing with.

Keep looking. You will find something!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.