Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dog auctions

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Default dog auctions

Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: dog auctions

@bulldog family, I have heard of these before this is aweful. Do rescues actually purchase the animals? Just looking for opinions about this not trying to be contriversial, but it seems to me that iif rescues go to these and "buy" the pups to save them it sort of perpetuates the auctions. I can see both sides and I feel for the animals but i don't like the idea of giving these idiots money either
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yes these do sicken me, I wish they were all shut down. @dozersmama I agree it sounds awful giving them money but then to think of the other side of it and what happens if they dont buy any. Heartbreaking. Sadly there are so many people willing to buy the pups at these auctions that there is no way to shut them down without laws being in place to do so. Buying a few to save them, or stopping doing so wont be enough to make a dent in their business unfortunately. Better to save what they can when they can I say and hopefully someday the laws will start to protect these neglected and abused little pups.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Wow I didn't know this went on. I can definitely see what @dozersmama is saying about not wanting to feed this by financially supporting this kind of thing BUT when I read "Most dogs without buyers are killed" the emotional me comes out and if I were there I'd probably spend a fortune saving any dog that no one else took and that I thought would be killed.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

this happens and there is a website to see all upcoming and current auctions. They also publish a catalog to show you what is coming up for auction. which to me us just unbelievable. Right now all those puppy mills in MO that have to get down to 50 dogs are going through auctions to get rid of their "overstock" there is going to be one in April for just Bulldogs. It is unfortunate that some rescues have to go and save what they can. Of course puppy mills are going to get rid of their oldest, weakest and sickest dogs and those don't sell that well. So yes, rescues come to the rescue and bid on them, sometimes just 100 or so, but they are saved and brought back to health. BCA doesn't like the idea of rescues buying dogs, however the main focus here is helping out the bulldog.

Always with me

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@Bella'sMom this is so terrible. When you said all bulldog auction all I could think is I just got a 9000 tax refund! at 100 dollars iI could save ALlL THE DOGS THERE! Someone take my debit card please before i end up with a farm. I am contradiciting myself because 2 seconds ago I saaid I don't like the idea of giving them money lol. If i go rescue them all who wants one ? Just kidding ( weel kinda) please don't email me or tell friends and tell them i'm giving away bulldogs.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@Bella'sMom where is the bulldog auction at btw

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

It is in a small town (I think anyways) If I remember correctly Wheaton? if I am not mistaken it is in the S/W corner, about a hour from Springfield. I guess there is a big auction area there. They don't all go for in the Hundreds, but most of the sick ones do.

Always with me

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@Bella'sMom I sent you a pm but idk if it went through

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

These auctions are heartbreaking. They make me so Most rescues dont pay for dogs. The IBR never does, but other advocacy groups will go to these auctions to get as many as they can and surrender them to rescues.
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@NikkiSchoolcraft what if someone else paid for them and brought them to you, like maybe me?

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    @NikkiSchoolcraft what if someone else paid for them and brought them to you, like maybe me?
    Thats just fine. Just understand these bullies are often expensive to get healthy and socialize so always check with the rescue first to see if they can afford taking them. We always will if we can.
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads